PDA

View Full Version : Belt Tension

spydertrike
04-30-2015, 08:10 PM
2012 RTS SE5

Dealer adjusted my belt after installing a new rear tire. Since the install I feel more vibration through the foot rests.
I checked the belt tension with the bike on the ground and I'm getting a reading of about 220LBS.

I think the max is 190LBS for a 2012.

Do you feel I should have the dealer re-adjust the tension or just continue riding with the 220LB ?

Marker
04-30-2015, 08:20 PM
The rear wheel could be not in line when it was reinstalled causing the belt to no be lined up with the front and rear sprockets. This could be the cause of your vibration.
You need to take the spyder back to the dealer and have therear wheel alignment checked and also check to see where the belt is riding on the sprockets. If the belt tension is not adjusted correctly you could have premature belt failure.
I would not continue to ride your spyder this way.

Chupaca
04-30-2015, 09:43 PM
If the dealer did it correctly with the sonic tester and according to the year it should be good. The best would be to have them recheck. Simple enough lift the rear wheel off the ground thump the belt and read the results. They have changed the settings so make sure they are using the right one...:dontknow: