PDA

View Full Version : Sena vs Chatterbox

spideybuffal0
04-29-2015, 07:13 PM
Need help. Now that the weather is finally warming up :yes: . I need advice. I have a HJC helmet that has a knock out slot built into the helmet that fits the Chatterbox which would be nice. Some of the reviews on the Chatterbox (Amazon) did not seem great. Reviews on the Sena SM10 I believe were decent. My main concern is Blue tooth hook up .So I look to the Spyderlovers who may have either one of these system they use curently. Thanks for the help

PaSpyderRyder
04-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Need help. Now that the weather is finally warming up :yes: . I need advice. I have a HJC helmet that has a knock out slot built into the helmet that fits the Chatterbox which would be nice. Some of the reviews on the Chatterbox (Amazon) did not seem great. Reviews on the Sena SM10 I believe were decent. My main concern is Blue tooth hook up .So I look to the Spyderlovers who may have either one of these system they use curently. Thanks for the help

I have the Sena system and am very pleased with it........never used the Chatterbox

Bob

lyonsden
04-29-2015, 09:19 PM
We have 2 sena headsets and we are very pleased with the operation of them.

iSpyder
04-29-2015, 09:29 PM
I have both a Sena 10 and the new Sena 20 and am very pleased with them both. I have never used or even heard of Chatterbox. Hope that helps!

Good luck!

thereverend
04-29-2015, 09:39 PM

I had the Chatterbox system and returned it to dealer as it had problems, opted for sena 20s and very happy with sena

Sempyder
04-30-2015, 12:01 AM
I started a thread with same topic, everyone on SL says sena this and sena that. Like u I also have the hjc with chatterbox channel built in. Someone pointed out to me that it is not just SL you go to any other forum Sena rules for the majority, I did check out some other forums and I agree. So find "motorcycle Dave" he is sponsored with SL and from what everyone says he will get you the best deal... Good luck

Sempert out,

ARtraveler
04-30-2015, 12:07 AM
Also one who has tried Chatterbox and returned it because I was not happy with it.

Have also tried Nolan N-com, Scala, and Sena. My choice for best is Sena. We have the SMH 10 versions. They clip onto my Nolan n-43's but will not clip onto the n-44.

There is a lot of support on SL for the Sena brand. A SL vendor also sells them.

djhobin
04-30-2015, 01:32 AM
I have an HJC modular Helmet and I have a Sena SMH10 and I am happy with it. My Spyder dealer (Parts Dept. person) installed the unit on my helmet for me. Just leave the cover on the indent for the chatterbox. I read some reviews on the chatterbox and they were not positive about the units.

SPYD1
04-30-2015, 05:46 AM
In my fifth season with Sena. :firstplace:

spideybuffal0
04-30-2015, 05:50 AM
I have an HJC modular Helmet and I have a Sena SMH10 and I am happy with it. My Spyder dealer (Parts Dept. person) installed the unit on my helmet for me. Just leave the cover on the indent for the chatterbox. I read some reviews on the chatterbox and they were not positive about the units.

Thanks all

pwm
04-30-2015, 07:35 AM
I have used a Chatterbox with my ATV and I now have Sena 10 with the Spyder. The Sena is hands down better than the Chatterbox although I was using the Chatterbox in the early days and technology is much better.

revjvegas
04-30-2015, 08:01 AM
I had the same helmet thinking it was a great idea.

Unfortunanly the CB unit, well there's no other way to put this....it sucks. I sent it back a couple days after having it.

Got the Sena and love it and wish I'd never wasted my money on that HJC. It too has since been replaced. It's way to noisy in the wind and leaks like a sieve in the rain. And keep and eye on the screws that hold the plates to the helmet that hold on your visor. They will come loose and disappear and good luck finding replacements or getting any help from HJC warranty. Ask me how I know.

Spyda98
04-30-2015, 08:06 AM
Sena

Syncs with my iphone 6+ effortless. Great to hear the GPS in your helmet.

Highwayman2013
04-30-2015, 08:22 AM
3rd season with Sena SMH-10's, they work well.

Spyder 42
04-30-2015, 10:45 AM
I attempted to use a set of the GMRS Chatterbox units. Gave up after a couple of months and sold them at a bit loss. Did OK with the Cardo but that was first gen and distance was limited. Went back to a hard wired J&M system but gave up on that due to my riding partner (hearing issues). Bought the Sena units SMH-10s, and could not be happier. They work. They reconnect when we get separated. The battery lasts and I can have my tunes while SWMBO has hers.

Mike Ard
04-30-2015, 01:51 PM
Tried the Chatterbox on our HJC helmets and they fit great.......sound quality was dreadful though and got rid of them.

Motorcycledave
04-30-2015, 03:21 PM
I always am less than anyone.price wise that is..... LOL

I started a thread with same topic, everyone on SL says sena this and sena that. Like u I also have the hjc with chatterbox channel built in. Someone pointed out to me that it is not just SL you go to any other forum Sena rules for the majority, I did check out some other forums and I agree. So find "motorcycle Dave" he is sponsored with SL and from what everyone says he will get you the best deal... Good luck

Sempert out,