PDA

View Full Version : Re-connecting Air Intake Duct hose on 2014 RT-S

SpyderGal2014
04-29-2015, 01:56 PM
While working on accessorizing my 2014 RT-S, I had to take off the front cargo module. In order to remove the front end module, I had to disconnect the large air intake duct hose. Upon reassembly, this was extremely difficult to get back on. Has anyone done this before and is there some trick to getting this back on? The piece that goes around the foglight is in the way, but it can't be left off and put on later b/c it needs to screw into the front bumper piece and you can't do that without having the cargo module separated from the bike. There has to be a better way to get this on/off easier!! Thanks.

Chupaca
04-29-2015, 02:17 PM
wish I could help but if you can snap a picture I might. On ours there is a double lip one side to the inside and the other to the outside. A bit of a hassel but hooking the bottom and poking along the sides and top will get it on. Okay then, looked at the parts diagram and there are several hoses. They all have guides and need to pop over a lip then the clamp tightened. Not sure which one youworking on but WD-40 helps on reassembly..:thumbup:

garb55
04-29-2015, 03:50 PM
I did not reinstall that rubber air duct on my 2014 RTL
It restricts the incoming air too much
Don