PDA

View Full Version : vacuum hose replacement. 2010 rts

TroyboyRn
04-29-2015, 10:09 AM
Hello all. i was wondering if there is anyone can help give me an idea of how hard it is to change out the vacuum hose on the rts 2010. I'm having intermittent problems with shifting and it doesn't seem to be oil level related. I've heard a lot of people have had issues with cracked lines. My question Are: 1) how difficult is it to do on your own. i have the shop manual
2) are factory replacement adequate or is there a better alternative so i dont have to do it again
I want to eliminate this as a potential source of my problem.

thanks

troy

billybovine
04-29-2015, 10:16 AM
Hello all. i was wondering if there is anyone can help give me an idea of how hard it is to change out the vacuum hose on the rts 2010. I'm having intermittent problems with shifting and it doesn't seem to be oil level related. I've heard a lot of people have had issues with cracked lines. My question Are: 1) how difficult is it to do on your own. i have the shop manual
2) are factory replacement adequate or is there a better alternative so i dont have to do it again
I want to eliminate this as a potential source of my problem.

thanks

troy

Changing out the vacuum hoses for the map sensors is not required until you have a problem, but if you want to do it won't cause any harm and on a 2010 it may be time. Leaky vacuum hoses has nothing to do with shifting issues. Describe your symptoms in detail and we can offer some things to checkout.

bruiser
04-29-2015, 10:18 AM
Are you referring to the hoses on the MAP sensor? If so, they're not hard at all once you get the left side panels off. Some have used the OEM hoses, and some have gone to a silicon hose. Another ? Do you have an SE or manual tranny?

Chupaca
04-29-2015, 10:28 AM
From your profile you have an RT se5. Hose, as stated above, no problem. The shifting is another issue intirely. Oil level is one, condition of oil and filters is another and most important is the oil your using. Check the connections to the shift shaft seeing that they are tight. If you are getting codes your shift positioning sensor may be a problem...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-29-2015, 10:31 AM
We've had a couple of folks post pictures of those hoses...
we just need to find them. :shocked:

TroyboyRn
04-29-2015, 10:48 AM
Changing out the vacuum hoses for the map sensors is not required until you have a problem, but if you want to do it won't cause any harm and on a 2010 it may be time. Leaky vacuum hoses has nothing to do with shifting issues. Describe your symptoms in detail and we can offer some things to checkout.

Thanks for the offer of help. well intermittently my Rt se5 will "gag" when trying to accelerate. does not go into limp mode or throw any codes I'm aware of. when it does this when i come to a stop the idle is very rough almost like it is surging and then dropping below normal idle rpm. I turn off the bike and the next day its fine for quite some time and then it happens again out of the blue. i use my bike for mainly 20 mile commutes but it happens enough to make me leary to go on long trips.

thanks

finless
04-29-2015, 11:48 AM
If you change them go to silicon!
Also super important is make sure you do not change the length of the hoses and that both hoses are the same length.

Bob

TroyboyRn
04-30-2015, 10:36 AM
does anyone know the inner and outer dimensions of the map sensor vacuum hoses.

thanks

finless
04-30-2015, 11:14 AM
This is what most people ordered for replacement hose.

NAPA H466

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Silicone-Vacuum-Hose-109375-/_/R-NBGH466_0006447108

Bob

TroyboyRn
04-30-2015, 11:40 AM
This is what most people ordered for replacement hose.

NAPA H466

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Silicone-Vacuum-Hose-109375-/_/R-NBGH466_0006447108

Bob

thanks bunches.