PDA

View Full Version : 2014 sts

greatrides
04-28-2015, 09:08 PM
I bought it New last August and I've put 13000 miles on it so far and I've had tons of crazy things go wrong with this one. Oil leaks to bent rims to plastics being broken and now gage issues. So I will post a couple pic one with it running with it telling me to read safty card and today it lost temp and fuel gage readout!! Has anyone seen this before my poor dealer is not the best and still can't get the oil leak fixed!106418106418106419

SNOOPY
04-29-2015, 05:09 AM
Haven't heard of this on a ST :(

Gauge issues could be a simple connection problem.

Oil leak "should" be easily traceable on such a small engine.

Bob Denman
04-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Since it's still under warranty; who is the dealer that can't find and fix these problems? :dontknow:

Chupaca
04-29-2015, 10:21 AM
clusters that start having unexplained issues either go bad or have connection problems. You mention loosing temp and fuel which only read when analogs are disconnected. Has any work been done requiring going behind the guages, any add ons with electrical connections..?? Seems like a connection problem, check all battery connections as well. Little more info on the oil leak and we may be able to help. Most common, water pump seal, valve cover gaskets, air box (oil level to high, overdue for oil change) , drain plugs when crush washers are reused too many times. Hope they get you fixed up soon not the time for such issues...:gaah:

greatrides
04-29-2015, 09:27 PM
They had to replace the plastic over the gages so I think they removed the whole thing. The oil leak went from I see oil but it's not leaking because we can't find the leak to we found it and after 45 days in the shop I was done with then. Its still under warrenty but my deal, let's just say they try real hard but suck! I will try to find a pic of what they fixed the last time. 106506 it does back into the shop for some plastic covers that are broken here is another pic of broken cover. I'm not kicking but this poor spyder has something different break every week.106507

greatrides
04-29-2015, 09:30 PM
They had to replace the plastic over the gages so I think they removed the whole thing. The oil leak went from I see oil but it's not leaking because we can't find the leak to we found it and after 45 days in the shop I was done with then. Its still under warrenty but my deal, let's just say they try real hard but suck! I will try to find a pic of what they fixed the last time. 106506 it does back into the shop for some plastic covers that are broken here is another pic of broken cover. I'm not kicking but this poor spyder has something different break every week.106507

Sorry with the oil leak they changed everything with the shifter rod and everything around it. This is the 3 different dealer I've tried too!

SNOOPY
04-29-2015, 09:42 PM
Do you have any local Spyder riders in your area that you know?

Wondering if one does their own Spyder mechanics that can help solve your issues and forget the dealers since they suck. :dontknow:

greatrides
04-30-2015, 07:54 PM
Called the dealer about the gage not reading fuel level and temp and he said don't worry about it they do that. So there we go I just don't need to worry about it!:gaah::shocked:

ARtraveler
04-30-2015, 08:20 PM
Called the dealer about the gage not reading fuel level and temp and he said don't worry about it they do that. So there we go I just don't need to worry about it!:gaah::shocked:

NOT :yikes:

Ben Burped
04-30-2015, 08:21 PM
According to Consumer Reports, Can-Am was twice as likely to experience a problem as most other types of motorcycles. Possibly you are not alone.

SNOOPY
04-30-2015, 08:55 PM
According to Consumer Reports, Can-Am was twice as likely to experience a problem as most other types of motorcycles. Possibly you are not alone.

You looking to get banned here?

We don't speak of such things here, oh my gosh!

:p

SNOOPY
04-30-2015, 08:57 PM
Waiting on the Almighty's comment now.... :popcorn:

greatrides
05-01-2015, 07:29 PM
Putting it back in shop soon for headlight assembly and upper plastics that broke some how so I will show them the pictures I have. The guys at the dealer try very hard and are friendly but have not been able to fix anything but the sway bar end links. I tried to trade it in couple weeks ago but they would only give me 11,000 for it and that's just to low. Love the spyder and we know how well they work but when you deal with a bad dealer this is how it ends up every time!! It's less then a year old has been in the shop for 45 days ....crazy!

greatrides
05-28-2015, 10:09 PM
Showed service manager the pictures of the gauges and he turned around and walked away! They will be putting it back together for me to pick up tomorrow! Dealers name is ask out of Lancaster and Columbus Ohio. :banghead::banghead:nojoke

greatrides
05-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Can't say much...

greatrides
08-16-2015, 09:05 PM
So a lot has happened ...it turned (spyder) a year old last week! I now have 21500 miles and the headlight upper dash has broke again! So now in a year 2 oil leaks out of round front rim headlight pod by 2 left turn signal will not cancel.....limp home mod couple times hit a bump and it will kick stability control light....
So back to the dealer!!!!!! Wish me luck!:yikes:

AY4B
08-17-2015, 03:30 AM
My speedo cover also had to be replaced. It got moisture in it with just washing it. They do not have a very good seal around that plastic and electronics are not very compatible with water.

greatrides
08-17-2015, 06:51 PM
My speedo cover also had to be replaced. It got moisture in it with just washing it. They do not have a very good seal around that plastic and electronics are not very compatible with water.

Yep had mine replaced too and it also needs pulled a part and replaced again. What keeps breaking on mine is a plastic hook on the headlight housing. This poor spyder just does not want to stay together!