PDA

View Full Version : ACS does not seem to be working. Help my butt is getting sore.

WARWAGON
04-28-2015, 08:31 PM
Help. I think the ACS with remote switch has given up the ghost. It will not hold air. Fill manual and check a short time later and no pressure. 2012RTS

bruiser
04-29-2015, 10:31 AM
Sounds like the bag has a hole in it. If that's the case, need to replace the rear shock. Is the pump working?

WARWAGON
04-29-2015, 12:01 PM
I think the pump is working. Just acts like slow leaker. Check last night after a ride had pressure at value under seat. This morning nothing.

Doc - Riverside
04-29-2015, 12:32 PM
I think the pump is working. Just acts like slow leaker. Check last night after a ride had pressure at value under seat. This morning nothing.

Pull the right side panel to get to all the air hose fittings. Mix up a soap and water solution and brush it on all the fittings, around the top and bottom of the air bag. this should find the leak.

WARWAGON
04-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Will give it a try. Dealer can't get me in till end of May.

bruiser
04-30-2015, 09:58 AM
Remember that the Spyder needs to be running and in gear for the ACS to work. Also check the lower link on the rear shock to make sure it's connected. Look on the left side. I would also check the schrader valve and make sure the inner portion is tight. You can use a regular tire valve tool for that.

WARWAGON
04-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Thanks bruiser. It's got to be a leak somewhere. Just have to find it. Going to try Doc's suggestion. Wish me luck.

WARWAGON
05-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Pull the right side panel to get to all the air hose fittings. Mix up a soap and water solution and brush it on all the fittings, around the top and bottom of the air bag. this should find the leak. okay got panels off still cannot get to air lines. Do I have to take bike completely apart?:banghead: