PDA

View Full Version : spyder F3S tool kit

Spyhigh
04-28-2015, 08:27 AM
The tool kit in my 2015 spyder is not complete.I have a total of six pieces.Does anyone else have this problem.

Tom in NM
04-28-2015, 01:21 PM
. . . my tool kit also has 6 pieces in it - 7, if you count the plastic kit itself.

But, I am not sure that is the problem. I have over the years put my own tool kit together - with the actual toolset needed to work on ( whichever ) Spyder I have owned.

That the supplied tool kit is not really helpful or containing quality components, is a problem and one of my minor irritations with BRP.

Tom

billybovine
04-28-2015, 03:44 PM
Looks complete to what BRP is going to give you.
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106401&stc=1

ARtraveler
04-28-2015, 04:22 PM
The tool kits are lacking--but what do we expect for $20 - $30K?

I carry my own tools in addition to the kit. The kit looks like the usual $5.99 econo stuff you can find at discount stores.

CanAmChris
04-28-2015, 06:03 PM
That little tool kit saved my bacon once. I had some work done on the old 2010 years ago and the dealer (not my current one) didn't plug the radiator fan power in all the way. Things were fine in the cool morning but by 11am the bike was overheating and going into limp mode. I was about 40 mines from home. Once I realized what the problem was, that kit let me pull the Tupperware off and get to the fan power wire so I could ride home.

You would be surprised what that little kit can do for you in a pinch. I have used it in the past a couple times to tighten the mirror / turn signal stalk. (For some reason my left one came loose once in a while). You can use it to strip the bike almost naked to get at whatever you need to on the roadside.