PDA

View Full Version : May Over-nighter Info

Paula(Butch2025)
04-27-2015, 09:34 PM
So sorry that this information is coming out so late....it's been a bit crazy around here lately....but here it is:

We are riding to southern Wisconsin...Dodgeville area to be exact leaving on May 23 (Saturday) and heading home on May 25 (Monday). The motel we will be staying at is the Don Q Inn, Dodgeville, Wisconsin. www.donqinn.net/ (http://www.donqinn.net/) We have a block of 15 rooms, the cost is $79.95 per night, yes Tommy, there is a pool! Here is the phone number to make your reservations: 608.935.2321, remember to tell them that you part of the Caswell Riders. The deadline for making reservations is May 9th (again sorry for the lateness of this post).

Our exact route is still in the planning stages so at this point I cannot tell you the HOW of getting down there...that will come in another post. Just know that we will be traveling through some very beautiful countryside on great roads. Come prepared for all weather (bring rain gear) we will ride no matter what unless conditions are such that travel is unsafe.

While down in this area we will explore different areas on each of the days of travel. On Monday as we head back home, please feel free to take off in whatever direction you need to arrive at your house...you don't have to follow Les all the back to Mora (well Kaye does) unless that's on your way home too! If your plan is to leave the group, we would appreciate it if you would let us know in advance that you are going to do that...then we won't worry that we left you behind or lost you en route.

So mark your calendars and pray to the weather gods that we have great weather! Paula

ARtraveler
04-27-2015, 11:00 PM
You folks have a great destination planned. The Don Q is a "very interesting" place indeed.

Are you folks planning on visiting the famous House on the Rock in Spring Green? It is worth seeing. :yes:

PW2013STL
04-28-2015, 01:04 PM
Reservations have been made :yes:

Les & Kathy

Kawboy
05-06-2015, 06:23 PM
I haven't seen much action on this thread. Is the ride still on? I think I would like to join you.

Paula(Butch2025)
05-07-2015, 04:22 PM
I haven't seen much action on this thread. Is the ride still on? I think I would like to join you.

The ride is most certainly still on. I have been at Spyderfest and then dealing with coming home and having to go back to work.

I will be putting out more details on the route and other things very soon.

Paula(Butch2025)
05-07-2015, 04:24 PM
You folks have a great destination planned. The Don Q is a "very interesting" place indeed.

Are you folks planning on visiting the famous House on the Rock in Spring Green? It is worth seeing. :yes:

I agree with the Don Q....it did sound quite interesting (I hope we can tour some of the fun rooms). We don't have plans to visit the House on the Rock...but as always I tell our riders they can branch off any time to tailor the trip to fit their schedules.

ARtraveler
05-07-2015, 05:25 PM
I agree with the Don Q....it did sound quite interesting (I hope we can tour some of the fun rooms). We don't have plans to visit the House on the Rock...but as always I tell our riders they can branch off any time to tailor the trip to fit their schedules.

It's all beautiful country around there. They used to have an Amish village at New Glarus.

Kawboy
05-07-2015, 05:42 PM
Just made reservations at Don Q. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Jim&Teresa
05-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Enjoy the May ride - we have a conflict and will not be able to make this one. :mad: Sounds like a great ride - enjoy and be safe! :thumbup:

BeardedDBA
05-10-2015, 04:20 PM
I was busy with other things there for a bit, but just now made the hotel reservations for this ryde.

Grandpa Pete
05-10-2015, 04:43 PM
Reservations made.....Pete and Kim.....

Kawboy
05-24-2015, 10:47 AM
Sorry, I wasn't able to make it. Boss made me work.