PDA

View Full Version : cover over oil drain plug

ssmcclub
04-27-2015, 12:34 PM
was going to change my oil and went to take the cover off under the spyder to drain my oil it is missing maybe they did not replace it when I had them do my 600 service? can I run my 2014 rss spyder without it?:pray:

WEB-WVR
04-27-2015, 12:40 PM
was going to change my oil and went to take the cover off under the spyder to drain my oil it is missing maybe they did not replace it when I had them do my 600 service? can I run my 2014 rss spyder without it?:pray:

I am new to the Spyder and I dont know crap...but..the designers had it there for a reason. I have a Dodge Charger and Challenger...both have bottom covers on the engines. Purpose is to keep road moisture from getting up onto engine components (lots of electronics). I always ask the mechanic...did you get that cover back on and I also look.

So for the same reason/assumption....I would call them and have them replace it at their cost ! :spyder2:

oldgoat
04-27-2015, 01:29 PM
A lot of people leave them off hoping to improve airflow

coz
04-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Many of us have taken them off permanently. It lets out a lot of heat under the bike, and makes oil changes easier. I just took the front set off, four years ago. No problems. It's lamontster approved.

900Dave
04-27-2015, 05:58 PM
If you really want them I have some. They are collecting dust. Not needed at all. I drove in heavy rain last year for about 3 hours with no issues. Just leave em off.

Chupaca
04-27-2015, 06:07 PM
your fine with out it. They have holes in them so you can change the oil without taking them off. Easier and cleaner if it is off. I kept them on but swiss ceesed them...http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106369&stc=1 still have protection but lots of air flow...:thumbup: you should ask for it back nevertheless...