PDA

View Full Version : GPS questions

LisaLimited
04-27-2015, 08:52 AM
I am not getting my Garmin GPS for my 2014 RT to charge.

1. How do you charge yours?

2. Is the charger to plug into the wall outlet supposed to be included with the kit?

i tried using my iPhone wall charger, but no results, so I plugged it into a USB on my computer and still no results. The screen says charging battery, but when I unplug it, it still says low battery and will not turn on.

I bought my bike in September and had not used the GPS. When I got it out yesterday, it still had partial charge, so I was able to load my destinations. Then it ran out of battery and that is my current situation.

3. Will it charge and work when installed on the bike? I haven't tried that yet as my bike is still covered.

Highwayman2013
04-27-2015, 08:56 AM
Is it the Zumo 660? It has a removable battery. The battery could be bad or the connections could need a cleaning.

MEP
04-27-2015, 09:54 AM
I am not getting my Garmin GPS for my 2014 RT to charge.

1. How do you charge yours?

2. Is the charger to plug into the wall outlet supposed to be included with the kit?

i tried using my iPhone wall charger, but no results, so I plugged it into a USB on my computer and still no results. The screen says charging battery, but when I unplug it, it still says low battery and will not turn on.

I bought my bike in September and had not used the GPS. When I got it out yesterday, it still had partial charge, so I was able to load my destinations. Then it ran out of battery and that is my current situation.

3. Will it charge and work when installed on the bike? I haven't tried that yet as my bike is still covered.

It takes quite awhile to charge the unit via the USB cable plugged into your computer. You can plug the unit into a wall outlet using the USB cable and an AC adapter and charge it that way, or you can power and charge it while it's in the cradle and being used (turned on in the case of the Zumo 660...not sure about other models) on your Spyder when riding.

trikermutha
04-27-2015, 10:26 AM
should charge in the cradle on the RT

Bfromla
04-27-2015, 06:41 PM
should charge in the cradle on the RT

Sounds like loose terminal on back or or battery fyi clean both let us know what you find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tigerdr
04-27-2015, 07:09 PM
You can purchase an AC outlet charger from Garmin or search on eBay for good deals on this item.

Marker
04-27-2015, 08:07 PM
You made need to take your spyder to your dealer as maybe the GPS wirirng harness to spyder is not completely connected or a wire has come loose not allowing it to charge.
Start with cleaning contacts and battery. Try to charge GPS by home charger