PDA

View Full Version : dealer prep and delivery charges

dartex
04-26-2015, 11:37 AM
hello am new to the spyder, test rode a f3 yesterday think my two wheel days are over!!! I visited a few dealers and the dealer prep went from not bad to the rip off mode same with delivery, would like some help from you, the seasoned folks thank you

PaladinLV
04-26-2015, 11:55 AM
hello am new to the spyder, test rode a f3 yesterday think my two wheel days are over!!! I visited a few dealers and the dealer prep went from not bad to the rip off mode same with delivery, would like some help from you, the seasoned folks thank you

Of course it's going to vary from dealer to dealer, but I got a boxed 2014 RT-S in Feb 2015 and paid zero for prep and their cost for freight in the "negotiated" deal.
So by all means dicker with them :)

AJ

WEB-WVR
04-26-2015, 12:28 PM
The Dealer I purchased from here in Oregon charges $0 for dealer prep and delivery. :thumbup:

Lew L
04-26-2015, 01:23 PM
I had poor prep from the local stealership----Bad tires, then low tire presure ( after two new tires and rims).

Be sure to check as much as you can after the dealer touches your expensive investement. BTW: Love the RT-s:yes:

Kaos

ARtraveler
04-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Zero on dealer prep and delivery for me on all five of my :ani29:s'. Your dealer is just trying to give you a bit of a gouge.

Look at the above as a part of the "total" cost of the purchase. See how it compares with other dealers.

Oldmanzues
04-26-2015, 03:26 PM
I think the important thing is total amount of check to ride it out on the street.
Also as on lots of posts on here. Sevice is a huge thing
Good Luck
Oldmanzues

CanAmChris
04-26-2015, 05:16 PM

Dealer prep for a Spyder is not like a car. A car comes pre assembled with almost all of the options installed.

A Spyder arrives at the dealer in a big crate. They have to uncrate and assemble the bike. During the assembly they add the options. They have to pay the mechanic who does this. It can take upwards of 4 hours to assemble the bike, depending on though options. (some may say it's lower, but I would rather the mechanic take his time and do it right) If your dealers normal service rate is $90 an hour, that is a $460 prep fee.

Some dealers fold that cost into the bikes price and put $0 for prep.

As always, buyer beware.