PDA

View Full Version : Mud Flaps Just Got Pushed UP My To Get List

AY4B
04-26-2015, 07:59 AM
Ever Since My Wife Got her new Harley, She will not ride behind me without falling way back. She says she gets pelted by rocks big time from the spyder. Also I lead a Church ride yesterday and the everyone stayed way back as well. Any one else experience this. Is there a Vender here that sells Mud Flaps that look decent?.:sour:

AY4B
04-26-2015, 08:02 AM
I did a quick search and found these
http://www.spyderflap.com/pinstripe-mudflaps.html

Doc - Riverside
04-26-2015, 08:33 AM
Do you have a trailer hitch on your Spyder. If so a much better choose would be the fender that JT offers.

http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=53

Chupaca
04-26-2015, 08:44 AM
check with our vendors. There are also some diy threads that can help you. :thumbup: JT's Machine Shop for one....

ThreeWheels
04-26-2015, 09:11 AM
Yes, the mud flap is essential. People stay far back from my Spyder in any kind of weather because of the rooster tail.

MikeT
04-26-2015, 09:27 AM
I'm a new RT Limited owner also. I've been wondering about that big gap between the rear tire and the trailer hitch. I'm worried about my wife's back when we run into rain. I'm considering the one on Tricled.com by Steve. It's price is the mid-point between the other 2.
Mike

RT Driver
04-26-2015, 10:18 AM
I bought the mud flap on the vendor list without the chrome strip at the bottom and the first gravel road I went down tore a big hunk out of it. If I get another one I'll try the one with the strip.

JkRbbt
04-26-2015, 11:06 AM
Very pleased with the one from Spyderflap.com., one of our sponsors! Had one on my '13 and now on my '14 RT.

WEB-WVR
04-26-2015, 01:12 PM
New Owner here as well.

So are you putting a mud flap on the rear tire "fender" ? How about some photos ? :thumbup:

What about flaps on the front fenders ?...do they make them for the ST as the fender is cut at an angle ???

I am basically a dry weather rider so I may not need them. In wet weather, does the rear tire spin up a tail of water like a bicycle does ? :dontknow:

Thanks for the comments for us newbies !:chat:

WEB-WVR
04-26-2015, 01:16 PM
I did a quick search and found these
http://www.spyderflap.com/pinstripe-mudflaps.html

I looked at this site; it does not say that they will fit the ST-limited rear fender. I checked their photos; only show RT's wearing it.

Cruzr Joe
04-26-2015, 01:19 PM
if you have a trailer hitch, ................... Be sure to check out Spyderpops trailer hitch plate, no more rooster tails and Momma stays drier.

Cruzr Joe

AY4B
04-26-2015, 01:23 PM
I have an ST limited. Its not really rain or mud Im concerned about. Its the small rocks that seem to be kicked up on the people behind me on dry pavement. The peeps say they are getting pelted with rocks. I assume its coming from the rear tire because the 2 front ones are smaller and their fenders go down pretty low already.

Cruzr Joe
04-26-2015, 01:28 PM
I have an ST limited. Its not really rain or mud Im concerned about. Its the small rocks that seem to be kicked up on the people behind me on dry pavement. The peeps say they are getting pelted with rocks. I assume its coming from the rear tire because the 2 front ones are smaller and their fenders go down pretty low already.

Take off slower??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

AY4B
04-26-2015, 01:30 PM
I looked at this site; it does not say that they will fit the ST-limited rear fender. I checked their photos; only show RT's wearing it.

Yes I was wondering about that. Is there a lot of difference between the RT and ST rear fender setup? I guess I can go up to the dealer and look.

AY4B
04-26-2015, 01:32 PM
Take off slower??? :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Its not the takeoff, its a constant flow of rocks that the tire throws up at normal cruising speed.

AY4B
04-26-2015, 01:35 PM
Im sure if you just burnout in gravel, you can easilly do some damage. I did that once when I was a kid, a car was passing by the intersecting street and I blew out his side window.:opps:

WEB-WVR
04-26-2015, 01:41 PM

I have a sister to yours ! We both will learn a lot here ! :thumbup:

AY4B
04-26-2015, 03:26 PM

Good!, Shes been trying to get hooked up for a long time now. roflmao

Just kidding, nice choice!

AY4B
04-26-2015, 03:33 PM
I was studying my setup and the licence plate bracket is screwed on to the lower fender. I was thinking of using just a piece of metal to extend that down just a little bit. I do not like the idea of having a floppy large piece of rubber hanging down. Ill have to experiment. with some scrap pieces of metal to see what is the minimum size that will get the job done then make a nicer piece and paint it black.

AY4B
04-26-2015, 03:48 PM

Actually your pic has the perfect angle to show the rear of our Spyder.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106298&d=1430073669

Mine has a black piece of metal that the licence plate and inspection sticker are attached to. If that piece of metal was just a few inches longer, It might work.

MarkLawson
04-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Do you have a trailer hitch on your Spyder. If so a much better choose would be the fender that JT offers.

http://gnipsel.com/spyderstore/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=53

I like!

Cavman
04-27-2015, 09:16 AM
Try to find some Kydex. You can shape it with a heat gun or hair dryer. It's the plastic type material holsters are made of.
I've made some items for my Spyder using Kydex. Comes in different colors too.

AY4B
04-27-2015, 12:35 PM
Try to find some Kydex. You can shape it with a heat gun or hair dryer. It's the plastic type material holsters are made of.
I've made some items for my Spyder using Kydex. Comes in different colors too.

Thank You!
That sounds like a versatile and strong product you can cut, shape, Fab just about anything. Found it on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Akydex%20sheets

Bob Denman
04-27-2015, 01:31 PM
If you think about it :shocked:; all of the gravel and rain spray does a decent job of keeping the tailgaters a lot further back! ;) :thumbup: