PDA

View Full Version : Route suggestion through St. Louis area

Trbayth
04-24-2015, 08:31 AM
Traveling to Spyderfest and planning to stop in Ashland KY on Monday then continue to Springfield on Tuesday. Would it be better to use 255/270 to go around St. Louis or is it ok to use 44 straight through?

Schlic
04-24-2015, 08:44 AM
I would suggest getting on I-255 South on the Illinois side and take the Jefferson Barracks bridge from Illinois into South County. That turns into I-270 which will run you back to I-44. 8-9 miles longer than running thru St Louis but less traffic and possible back-up's gong thru downtown St Louis. A lot of construction going on crossing bridge in downtown St Louis.
Ryde safe and see you at SpyderFest..:yes::thumbup:

grumpybob
04-24-2015, 09:30 AM
haven't been thru there in a while, although when I was, it did not matter what time, day or night, it was always terrible traffic.

GloryRyders
04-24-2015, 01:36 PM
I would suggest getting on I-255 South on the Illinois side and take the Jefferson Barracks bridge from Illinois into South County. That turns into I-270 which will run you back to I-44. 8-9 miles longer than running thru St Louis but less traffic and possible back-up's gong thru downtown St Louis. A lot of construction going on crossing bridge in downtown St Louis.
Ryde safe and see you at SpyderFest..:yes::thumbup:

:agree: The main bridge crossing the Mississippi from Il. into Mo. has two lanes out of the four closed for repaving.:lecturef_smilie: :gaah:It is best to go the above route!:2thumbs:

copilot
04-25-2015, 12:12 AM
I live in close by and would recommend post number two as the only accepted route for the next eight months.