PDA

View Full Version : 2012 RTS Install Pig Tail for Charger Location?

JimboRTS
04-23-2015, 10:25 AM
I'm installing a new Odyssey PC 680 Battery in my 2012 RTS. Also hooking up a pigtail plug to plug in a battery charger. For the pigtail I hooked up the negative lead to the battery direct and the Positive wire to the the terminal under the seat. Is it OK to use the Positive terminal under the seat instead of going to the battery post.

Jim

finless
04-23-2015, 10:38 AM
I'm installing a new Odyssey PC 680 Battery in my 2012 RTS. Also hooking up a pigtail plug to plug in a battery charger. For the pigtail I hooked up the negative lead to the battery direct and the Positive wire to the the terminal under the seat. Is it OK to use the Positive terminal under the seat instead of going to the battery post.

Jim

For a charger yes. In fact this is where I hook up my 3 stage charger that has the standard large allegator clips.

Bob

Chupaca
04-23-2015, 10:48 AM
your connections are fine. Being a negative ground vehicle any frame part will work but for best results the battery is the best place for the negative cable. The positive under the seat is a direct connection to the positive post on the battery....how does that battery compare in size to the oem.? If smaller be sure to pad it so it won't move about...:thumbup:

JimboRTS
04-25-2015, 08:08 AM
your connections are fine. Being a negative ground vehicle any frame part will work but for best results the battery is the best place for the negative cable. The positive under the seat is a direct connection to the positive post on the battery....how does that battery compare in size to the oem.? If smaller be sure to pad it so it won't move about...:thumbup:

Thanks for the heads up. The Odyssey PC680 is a little smaller in width and had to put in a spacer for a nice firm fit.

Jim