PDA

View Full Version : Poor radio reception

900Dave
04-22-2015, 03:25 PM
I find that the radio reception is very poor on my Spyder. I can only get one station that is clear and a couple others that are in and out. In my truck I can get a lot of stations to come in clear in my area. Anyone else have this problem? Has anyone tried an antenna booster?

billybovine
04-22-2015, 03:45 PM
Just a thought. I seem to remember some RT folks with bad reception because of too much thread locker on the base of the antenna.
The reception on mine is not as good as my Ford Escape, but close.

ARtraveler
04-22-2015, 03:50 PM
As posted above, a thread locker check might be in order. :thumbup:

900Dave
04-22-2015, 05:18 PM
Just wire brushed all the thread locker off. My favorite station was almost all static the other day out in front of my garage under clear sky's. Today after removing the thread locker it was crystal clear inside the garage which is partly under ground. I will have to get out for a ride tomarrow and give it a try.
Thanks for the tip.

happyspyder2039
04-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Just wire brushed all the thread locker off. My favorite station was almost all static the other day out in front of my garage under clear sky's. Today after removing the thread locker it was crystal clear inside the garage which is partly under ground. I will have to get out for a ride tomarrow and give it a try.
Thanks for the tip.thats good but make sure the antenna is really snug or else it maybe Mia later

dlby
04-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Get a bluetooth interface for about 15$

Then use your smartphone free app (Spotify, Pandora, etc)
Connect it via FM bluetooth device to your radio.

If you do this you will never go back---

I was old school & did not know what to do without fm,cd,tape etc

But as the Blues Brothers once said
I see The Light!

No offence at all if you dont like my suggestion
Just so much music at your fingertips. Im talking 1000s of songs makes am fm commercials a thing of the past

900Dave
04-22-2015, 07:59 PM
Get a bluetooth interface for about 15$

Then use your smartphone free app (Spotify, Pandora, etc)
Connect it via FM bluetooth device to your radio.

If you do this you will never go back---

I was old school & did not know what to do without fm,cd,tape etc

But as the Blues Brothers once said
I see The Light!

No offence at all if you dont like my suggestion
Just so much music at your fingertips. Im talking 1000s of songs makes am fm commercials a thing of the past

When on longer rides I stream IHeart radio via bluetooth to our Sena headsets. But when I ride locally I just grab my other helmet and turn on my favorite fm station.

dlby
04-22-2015, 10:37 PM
Gotcha--
Enjoy the Ryde