PDA

View Full Version : Bad Dealer Setup

SpyderAnn01
04-21-2015, 11:27 AM
Joe and I were getting ready to install a sway bar on a friend's brand new 2014 RTS, he has me lift up on the nose so that our jack will slip under it. Normally it is very hard to do and I only get that 1/4" that I need but today I could lift the nose with one finger. Seems that their dealer, rhymes with Bide Cow, forgot to install the 2 bolts that hold the front trunk to the frame. They had also broken the plastic on one of the splash guards.

Last week we worked on one that they had serviced and they broke off the pins on the side panel. This person today is stuck with them as they sold her a multi year service agreement. The lesson here is to not just shop for price but for service also. :banghead:

Vidman
04-21-2015, 11:50 AM
Joe and I were getting ready to install a sway bar on a friend's brand new 2014 RTS, he has me lift up on the nose so that our jack will slip under it. Normally it is very hard to do and I only get that 1/4" that I need but today I could lift the nose with one finger. Seems that their dealer, rhymes with Bide Cow, forgot to install the 2 bolts that hold the front trunk to the frame. They had also broken the plastic on one of the splash guards.

Last week we worked on one that they had serviced and they broke off the pins on the side panel. This person today is stuck with them as they sold her a multi year service agreement. The lesson here is to not just shop for price but for service also. :banghead:

AMEN to that.

Bob Denman
04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
:agree: :gaah:

Orange Spyder Man
04-21-2015, 12:05 PM
gee whiz... I would be really upset if they had done that to my spyder.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: makes me not to let any dealer work on my spyder... I am not familiar with that dealer.. but I hope he is no-where close to So Louisiana... \\

would someone please pm me and clarify which dealer that is !!! so I will be sure not to go within 500 miles of that dealer. !!!

osm

ARtraveler
04-21-2015, 12:55 PM
Good advice about dealers that do service well and dealers that either don't have a clue, or don't care. Some lowball dealers are that way for a reason.

Chupaca
04-21-2015, 01:50 PM
Know your tech...dealers should have the techs qualifications on hand. Assemblers are usually not the techs in large dealerships. More of apprentices and are given the assembly instructions and set loose. Scary stuff cause many know it all and chuck the instructions so steps are missed. They need supervision, they also have limited tools so check your torques....:banghead:

RBS66
04-21-2015, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the warning. I'm still trying to figure out what rhymes with Bide Cow.

Tango
04-21-2015, 04:15 PM
Price isn't everything. :thumbup: nojoke Tom :spyder:

bruiser
04-21-2015, 04:20 PM
Unbelievable. What a pi$$ poor job.

Highwayman2013
04-21-2015, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the warning. I'm still trying to figure out what rhymes with Bide Cow. They are big. ;)

PrairieSpyder
04-21-2015, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the warning. I'm still trying to figure out what rhymes with Bide Cow.

Me, too!

Side Wow . . Hide Now . . Tide Pow . . Wide Sow . .Glide Bow . . ????

Bob Denman
04-21-2015, 05:18 PM
Me, too!

Wide.. Wow! Slide Sow, Side Pow! Ride Now :shocked:

jaherbst
04-21-2015, 05:24 PM

Does not surprise me Ann. You know how I feel about them. Techs are not trained or experianced. One super training kids off the street.

Jack

MikeT
04-21-2015, 07:47 PM
:agree: Price isn't everything. :thumbup: nojoke Tom :spyder:

MikeT
04-21-2015, 07:49 PM
For us with Old-timers, can we stop playing the rhyming game, and just ID the dealer??????????????

Magdave
04-21-2015, 08:47 PM
For us with Old-timers, can we stop playing the rhyming game, and just ID the dealer??????????????

Read Bob's post :thumbup:

finless
04-21-2015, 09:15 PM

Ann, this is why I decided to do my own service period!

After calling and talking to almost ALL dealers local to me, asking certain questions, getting BS answers...... It was clear to me that I needed to do it myself PERIOD!

I truly read this stuff that goes on with dealers here every day and on facebook. Just blows my mind how so many can be called a dealer. Sure they can sell the Spyder but when it comes to service.... OMG... I am just appalled at the situation that goes on across the country.

My Spyder will never be at a local dealer here unless I am forced to do that because of BUDS.
I have been trying to talk the Wife into me buying BUDS.... When the first times comes that costs $1000's because of that... She may reconsider they idea of laying out the cash to be fully self sufficient.

Personal opinion..... BRP should UNLOCK BUDS and give it.
They cannot seem to have good dealers so the idea of "locking customers in to a dealer" is not valid!
If they unlocked BUDS and allowed good shops that are not dealers to be able to service the Spyder... They may have a far happier customer base.

Bob

SpyderAnn01
04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
Wide.. Wow! Slide Sow, Side Pow! Ride Now :shocked:

Winner, winner!

Big Arm
04-21-2015, 10:09 PM
.. I am not familiar with that dealer.. but I hope he is no-where close to So Louisiana... \\

would someone please pm me and clarify which dealer that is !!! so I will be sure not to go within 500 miles of that dealer. !!!

osm

I'm still trying to figure out what rhymes with Bide Cow.

Me, too!

Ride Now :shocked:

BINGO !!!!!

Bob is the winner of the rhyming game !!!

Empty Pockets
04-21-2015, 10:12 PM
Purchased my 2012 RTS from the one on Cave Creek in PHX. Haven't been back since. Wouldn't let them put air in my tires. The dealer where in live in COS is not much better. I have my service work done in Missouri. Seems to be a couple of good service techs out that way.

Big Arm
04-21-2015, 10:19 PM
:agree: Probably the best in the country :bowdown:

finless
04-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Wait..... this is exactly a post that I would consider serious that turned into banter....

Someone fill me in please? Maybe I am missing it?

What is going on here and makes this post about a problem funny?

I just don't get it sometimes.....
Maybe it's because I am too serious a person.
But Ann's original post means something or am I totally wrong here and this was meant to be turned into banter?

Someone help me out please..... I am confused.... :opps:

Bob

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-21-2015, 10:23 PM

Ann I agree with you on the Bad dealer thing 110 %........But your last sentence only works if you have a CRYSTAL BALL.........Except for Pitbull and Cowtown as far as Guaranteed Happy service goes I don't trust any of them.....There are many ,many people here who have paid top dollar for their Spyder's ....TO BUY LOCAL.......TO GET LOCAL SERVICE ......only to discover the Techs at the dealership are morons and the people running /owning the Dealership could care less about you or your Spyder until it comes time to buy another one................I'm with " finless " on this one ......Mike :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-21-2015, 11:02 PM

I believe the dealer is in one of the rhymes.

Hint: see post #20

Highwayman2013
04-21-2015, 11:38 PM
Had trouble with my local dealer in Pa, ended up doing my own work.:banghead: I go to Proshop in Henderson now.:)

PrairieSpyder
04-21-2015, 11:44 PM
Wait..... this is exactly a post that I would consider serious that turned into banter....

Someone fill me in please? Maybe I am missing it?

What is going on here and makes this post about a problem funny?

I just don't get it sometimes.....
Maybe it's because I am too serious a person.
But Ann's original post means something or am I totally wrong here and this was meant to be turned into banter?

Someone help me out please..... I am confused.... :opps:

Bob

Sorry, Bob. My bad. I just started having fun with rhymes.

SpyderAnn01
04-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I guess what makes me sad is that I don't meet these people until they have already made the mistake of purchasing from that dealer. Like EmptyPockets said, I wouldn't let them put air in my tires.

ArachnidRyder
04-22-2015, 12:25 AM
I'll just chime in to say that I've actually heard good things about spyder service at the Ride Now in Peoria, AZ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SL Ken
04-22-2015, 12:27 AM
I guess what makes me sad is that I don't meet these people until they have already made the mistake of purchasing from that dealer. Like EmptyPockets said, I wouldn't let them put air in my tires.

I have known them awhile now. They have ridden trikes for a couple of years. Sadly did not know that they were in the market for a Spyder or would have directed them to the Proshop in Henderson. I am glad you could help them out.

SpyderAnn01
04-22-2015, 12:40 AM
I'll just chime in to say that I've actually heard good things about spyder service at the Ride Now in Peoria, AZ.

I have heard a couple of good things about that particular location also but I have heard far more bad things from too many of their locations.

I have known them awhile now. They have ridden trikes for a couple of years. Sadly did not know that they were in the market for a Spyder or would have directed them to the Proshop in Henderson. I am glad you could help them out.

She was fighting mad when we told her all of the crap we found today. They left my house and were headed for the dealer. It wouldn't be so bad if they weren't tied to them for the maintenance agreement. Their antenna had also jumped ship.

Bfromla
04-22-2015, 03:28 AM
gee whiz... I would be really upset if they had done that to my spyder.. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: makes me not to let any dealer work on my spyder... I am not familiar with that dealer.. but I hope he is no-where close to So Louisiana... \\

osm

Same here plz. I have the closet dealer of 10 in area is not certified @ jack. Best to go the 100miles out than risk them.

MikeT
04-22-2015, 09:47 AM
There are many ,many people here who have paid top dollar for their Spyder's ....TO BUY LOCAL.......TO GET LOCAL SERVICE ......only to discover the Techs at the dealership are morons and the people running /owning the Dealership could care less about you or your......Mike :thumbup:
As a brand spankin' new RT Limited owner, with no Spyder experience till now, I think this good dealer-bad dealer discussion could be solved IF all the dealerships with MASTER TECHs were listed somewhere on this forum. Maybe the Spyder Codes guy could use some identifier on his dealer lists to help the "traveling across the country" spider owners out on the road?????????????????
Mike

Magdave
04-22-2015, 11:37 AM
As a brand spankin' new RT Limited owner, with no Spyder experience till now, I think this good dealer-bad dealer discussion could be solved IF all the dealerships with MASTER TECHs were listed somewhere on this forum. Maybe the Spyder Codes guy could use some identifier on his dealer lists to help the "traveling across the country" spider owners out on the road?????????????????
Mike
Rattigan Roger ceased supporting his Spyder codes app due to some issue with BRP so that isn't going to happen. Dealers are listed on BRP's web site as Platinum, Gold or Silver. No one is sure what that means whether it is sales or service or a combo of both. The recipe is top secrect. :thumbup:

Pennyrick
04-22-2015, 11:48 AM
Mike

Problem is keeping it current. Techs can be 'here today...gone tomorrow'. Also dealers sometimes lie. We were on the road last October in the eastern Carolinas when my wife had problems with her Spyder. I called three dealers within 125 miles of our location thinking we could limp to one of them. One told me they had a certified Spyder tech so we altered our route to get there. Once on site with a confirmed appointment I was told the "Spyder tech isn't in today." One of the guys in the shop told me on our way out that the Spyder tech hadn't "been in today" for several months.

RBS66
04-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Had trouble with my local dealer in Pa, ended up doing my own work.:banghead: I go to Proshop in Henderson now.:)

What dealer in PA? Just wondering because I live in PA.

SL Ken
04-22-2015, 12:54 PM
Mike

The sad part of this is that Ride Now in Vegas is listed as a Gold Certified dealer. Obviously that rating does not mean that their service is good.

ARtraveler
04-22-2015, 12:55 PM
Also going to chime in RE: lists of dealers with Master Techs.

The list will be good for about a week or less. As Double Trouble stated, they come and go quickly.

Magdave
04-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Also going to chime in RE: lists of dealers with Master Techs.

The list will be good for about a week or less. As Double Trouble stated, they come and go quickly.

If they were paid 1/2 the flat rate dealers charge that would not happen...just sayin':thumbup:

2dogs
04-22-2015, 02:58 PM
BRP is in part to blame here. In another similar situation, I found a very responsible company. On the office walls of that company's affiliates one can find the certificates of currently employed certified technicians. A simple phone call to the parent company 800 number can confirm the affiliate's standing, and the current status of any particular technician's certificate. However, by BRP describing their affiliates as being gold, platinum, pink or green means nothing, as other folks here have mentioned. Companies and their products, both good and bad, have become relegated to the past because of inattention to consumer relations and customer service. I'm just say'n, if you don't take care of business, someone else will.

MikeT
04-22-2015, 05:37 PM
I know for a fact that BRP has "For Dealer Eyes Only" an internal ranking based on 10-12 criteria. It's conducted on a multi state(region) basis. It has nothing to do with the rediculous Platinum, Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead that we are fed. I don't understand why we can't see the dealer's private information. What is BRP scared of?????????

finless
04-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Well as my rant said. If BRP's dealers cannot keep good service departments then they need to open it up so other bike shops can service the Spyder.
That would be to not charge a arm and a leg for BUDS, and make the manual and training material available freely.

So you know I in fact have all the videos BRP uses to train techs on the 2011 Spyder. Don't ask how....
This gets a good mech pretty much there in my opinion!

Bob

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-22-2015, 07:21 PM
I know for a fact that BRP has "For Dealer Eyes Only" an internal ranking based on 10-12 criteria. It's conducted on a multi state(region) basis. It has nothing to do with the rediculous Platinum, Gold, Silver, Copper, Lead that we are fed. I don't understand why we can't see the dealer's private information. What is BRP scared of?????????

MikeT......." A well informed knowledgeable consumer ".......but not just BRP....all large corporations ......JMHO....Mike :thumbup:

Magdave
04-22-2015, 07:23 PM

Maybe that those would show the pitiful quality that their dealer network has. :dontknow:

http://www.contributors.ro/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/truth.jpg