PDA

View Full Version : What with this code???

ruthie
04-20-2015, 06:59 PM
I keep getting DESS code. I just take the key out for a few seconds and everything is back to normal.

Chupaca
04-20-2015, 07:32 PM
the 2014's had an early ignition switch problem. You need to check with your dealer or brp by vin# to see if yours needs the switch replaced. Best do it as soon as possible to avoid having it go out and leave you stranded...:thumbup:

ruthie
04-20-2015, 08:42 PM
What BRP site do I check my vin # at?

Bob Denman
04-21-2015, 06:59 AM
http://can-am.brp.com/spyder/owners/safety/safety-recalls.html

Good Luck! :thumbup:

Centurion
04-21-2015, 07:14 AM
I occasionally received a DESS code on my 2014 RT Limited but always with the same key. When the I talked to the dealership about this when scheduling my 3000 mile service recently, they asked me to bring in both keys to get re-programmed during the service this past weekend.

tofriendscreek
04-21-2015, 08:08 AM
Last Fall I was getting intermittent "check engine" warnings. In a couple of instances it would not start until the key was removed, etc.. The code was 2530. It was a DESS issue. BRP suggests 2 components be changed at the same time. Replacing the one on the right side handlebar was simple. Replacement of the other involved considerable dismantling of my 12 RT. It took about 4 hours.

bruiser
04-21-2015, 09:00 AM
The key switch and antenna (sensor) have to be changed together.

ruthie
04-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Thank you to each who gave me the answer to my problem.

Utah Geezer
04-21-2015, 10:02 PM
My 2014 RTL coded on me Sunday after I washed it. The next morning it started up and I immediately took it to the dealer. They replaced the ignition switch ASAP and everything seems to be working again. I've read a bit about the DESS module needing changed out also but they stated that it was a switch problem and not the DESS module. Hoping this is correct and that the problem is fixed. Headed from Southern Utah to Lake Tahoe on Friday for a week worth's of riding time.

ruthie
04-22-2015, 09:23 AM
The key switch and antenna (sensor) have to be changed together.

Bruiser, thanks for the information of changing the antenna senor together with the key switch. I asked my dealer about this and he said yes that they have found if both not change it has still have problems.
This is why I love this site. I can be knowledgeable when I talk to my dealer.
So waiting for the antenna switch to come in. it better hurry up, heading to Spyderfest next week.

modagwood
04-22-2015, 10:42 AM
I keep getting DESS code. I just take the key out for a few seconds and everything is back to normal.
Hello to ALL Has any one ever had a P0000 code? I have one on my 2014 RT. I Don't know what it means. Thank's.