PDA

View Full Version : First Real Ryde

boombostick
04-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Last weekend I installed my smoothspyder backrest, which for those who aren't familiar with the name is simply a backrest that can be used by the passenger if there is one, or the driver if riding alone. I opted for this because 1 I am a T-5 paraplegic and need the back support for balance, and 2 owning a 2012 RS I had very few options, well just one, to stick to my promise to my wife that I would not spend more than $500 on backrest mods, and she wanted one for herself to ride. So only decision I had really. Friday my web boards came in and were installed immediately. Very sturdy and cool looking, plus since I have no movement in my feet and legs, it keeps my feet where they are supposed to be and not falling off. Yesterday I took her to my local can am dealer and had the 600 mile full service and oil change plus had the mechanic cut the foot brake pedal flush to the web board so I didn't have my foot on it while driving without even knowing, and from what I understand kick the nanny into overdrive. I bought my spydie 2 weeks ago for $13,000. 2012 RS SE5 with the ISCI handbrake already installed and with only 620 miles. Heck of a deal!! Anyway, I digress. I have rode her around just a few times before yesterday, maybe 5 miles worth. Without the web boards I had to bungie my feet to the pegs which made me super nervous, so I didn't ride a whole lot. After I brought it home yesterday, I went on a small 50 mile backroad trip (have just permit getting my motorcycle license this week) while avoiding all areas I thought I had a chance of being pulled over. Let me just say WOW :yes: I have rode all my life, getting my first street cruiser at 16 (i'm 31 now). My last bike before I was injured 4 years ago was a Hayabusa so I know what the baddest sport bike feels like down to the 1991 Honda Nighthawk I bought first. This was better than anything I had experienced!! Just the way the bike feels underneath me was a game changer!! I wasn't even botherd by nanny or the different way it handles in corners. IT was only a 50 mile ride, but I'm hooked for life!! It's raining today or I would be out again. Anyway, long story short, I wanted to pop in and say thanks to the forum and all of its members for all the great information that made the 3 wheel transition much much easier. I also found my spyder on the 4-sale section here, so its like it was all just meant to be. The do's and don't sticky was by far the most helpful for the bike itself and ryding, but the forum found my bike and other members posts led me to choose the 2012 and I couldn't be happier. THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!! I just hope this rain stops soon so I can go put some REAL miles on her!! Safe and happy ryding all!! And to any other paraplegics out there reading this who want a little info from someone in the middle of getting their spyder safe and comfortable to ride, drop me a line and I can tell you about my experience and what I have learned!

safecracker
04-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Enjoy, Ryde all you can...:clap:

vided
04-19-2015, 12:49 PM
:thumbup::thumbup: :congrats: Enjoy your nu ryde :thumbup::thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-19-2015, 12:53 PM
It's looking like your going to like your :ani29: a lot. :yes::yes:

Bfromla
04-19-2015, 07:20 PM
Enjoy & rock on105822 spyder makes it great. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kwalsh
04-19-2015, 08:02 PM
great bike and good luck with it, enjoy it and ride as much as you can!!

SPYD1
04-19-2015, 08:16 PM
Making it fun! Way to go!

Chupaca
04-19-2015, 10:29 PM
you found a great ryde..I have a 2012RS sm5 and it has been a great machine. Now have 27,000 trouble free miles on it. Your both going to have a ball on her. Ryde on and be safe...!! :ohyea::ohyea: