PDA

View Full Version : SM10, SMH10, phone, and Garmen question

Questions
04-18-2015, 08:33 PM
Roy has helped me out a lot on communication questions but I am still in a mess. We have a dongle SM10 with SMH10 headsets. With Roy's help my wife and I can now both listen to music but we lost the iPhone capability. Also, we can't figure out how to pair the Garmen with the headsets too. I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen but all of the instructions (what little we have) are difficult to understand. Can someone help us pair the devices in layman's terms?

secondly, the XM radio we have had installed, we finally activated save we will be uding it. We have had to refresh it a dozen times, still only works one a few channels. We called XM, the lady manually updated codes but again, it did not work. At times we have channels 1 thru 7, then it goes to just channel 1 and 2, and on and on. Does anyone know what we could do to resolve this without going through the dealer? The XM was dealer purchased but the seem clueless.

And finally, thanks for listening. We live the Spyder but also our 60's and 70's music. And to Roy, thank you!!!

Tony and Brenda
WV

Mikeye
04-18-2015, 09:02 PM
I believe you said you have an IPhone, you can download the app for your IPhone and play the music on that and listen using your SM10, or hook it up with your cable connection in the trunk, if you use just the IPhone you just need to pair the two together, the IPhone and the SM10, you'll be able to receive phone calls also.

jcthorne
04-19-2015, 09:37 AM
I believe you said you have an IPhone, you can download the app for your IPhone and play the music on that and listen using your SM10, or hook it up with your cable connection in the trunk, if you use just the IPhone you just need to pair the two together, the IPhone and the SM10, you'll be able to receive phone calls also.

Confused here. The SM-10 is a bluetooth sound TRANSMITTER, not a receiver. You cannot pair your iphone with it.

Mikeye
04-19-2015, 10:20 AM
Confused here. The SM-10 is a bluetooth sound TRANSMITTER, not a receiver. You cannot pair your iphone with it.
I'm sorry, mine is an SM10HB, which is Bluetooth compatible.

jcthorne
04-19-2015, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry, mine is an SM10HB, which is Bluetooth compatible.

Still don't know what that is. Sena does not list an item by that model number. Could you have an SMH-10? That is a headset. The SM10 is a bluetooth transmitter module.

PaladinLV
04-19-2015, 11:42 AM
The simplest way to make everything work is IF the GPS is connected to the entertainment system of your Spyder.
Can you hear the GPS navigation instructions thru the external speakers?

AJ

Roy has helped me out a lot on communication questions but I am still in a mess. We have a dongle SM10 with SMH10 headsets. With Roy's help my wife and I can now both listen to music but we lost the iPhone capability. Also, we can't figure out how to pair the Garmen with the headsets too. I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the kitchen but all of the instructions (what little we have) are difficult to understand. Can someone help us pair the devices in layman's terms?

secondly, the XM radio we have had installed, we finally activated save we will be uding it. We have had to refresh it a dozen times, still only works one a few channels. We called XM, the lady manually updated codes but again, it did not work. At times we have channels 1 thru 7, then it goes to just channel 1 and 2, and on and on. Does anyone know what we could do to resolve this without going through the dealer? The XM was dealer purchased but the seem clueless.

And finally, thanks for listening. We live the Spyder but also our 60's and 70's music. And to Roy, thank you!!!

Tony and Brenda
WV

Questions
04-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Yes it is a SM10 Bluetooth dongle and SMH10 headsets

todat I was able to get the grrmen paired. I also downloaded 400 of my 60's and 70's music. To make me smile even more is the phone is paired with the Garmen. Now all I have to do is have my wife try on her helmet with me and see if we both can hear.

I am still having issues with the XM but am going to try something with their tech support in the next day or two.

This is has been a real headache but I truly think the majority of the issue is me. Over the past few years I am having more trouble with written instructions, I guess that's a part of old age!!!

I will keep you updated. Thank you for your help.

Tony and Brenda
US Army E7 Ret