PDA

View Full Version : Operators Guide

finless
04-18-2015, 10:50 AM
So lately I have been seeing quite a few posts asking questions that honestly folks, are in the operators guide!!!!

Please do yourself a favor and read it.

Now I will admit providing the operators guide on a CD is a little lame. They should give you a hard copy. So quite possibly people do not realize they have to get it off the CD. Or maybe they never got the CD from the dealer.

But here is some help. Here are all the operators guides for every model Spyder out there.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=e&s1=3045e929-3f11-4b2c-9a6c-7afaeedb3240&brands=roadster&type=og

On this page it asks for a Email address. You DO NOT have to enter one. Just click the view button and it will list them.

Enjoy,
Bob

Bob Denman
04-18-2015, 11:20 AM
:agree: You might just remember that ONE little piece of information, that gets you home! :thumbup:

WEB-WVR
04-18-2015, 11:22 AM
As a newer :spyder2: guy....I appreciate all the posts...there is a lot to learn. I have read the manual twice and the video once. The "search" feature here, though helpful...does not always find the requested info. At times the owner's manual is not specific enough.

So I see this forum as a place to foster relationships and a place to share knowledge....grasshopper !

Thanks to all of you ! :thumbup: :spyder2: :yes: :bowdown: :) :spyder2: :D

jcthorne
04-18-2015, 11:23 AM
They all came with a PRINTED copy of the owners manual. Its Federal Law. The electronic one is a nice feature for future reference but the printed one was in the plastic pouch in the frunk, attached to the rear wall with velcro from the factory. If its missing, ask your dealer to get you one. You paid for it.

Yes Finless is right! RTFM!

happyspyder2039
04-18-2015, 11:24 AM
So lately I have been seeing quite a few posts asking questions that honestly folks, are in the operators guide!!!!

Please do yourself a favor and read it.

Now I will admit providing the operators guide on a CD is a little lame. They should give you a hard copy. So quite possibly people do not realize they have to get it off the CD. Or maybe they never got the CD from the dealer.

But here is some help. Here are all the operators guides for every model Spyder out there.

http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/Index.aspx?lang=e&s1=3045e929-3f11-4b2c-9a6c-7afaeedb3240&brands=roadster&type=og

On this page it asks for a Email address. You DO NOT have to enter one. Just click the view button and it will list them.

Enjoy,
Bobagree! I got a hard copy in the spyder upon purchase. However the cd/ training video was dated 2009 & not for the current models.

pitzerwm
04-18-2015, 11:52 AM
I will say that the CD manual is sometimes difficult to find what you are looking for. It isn't always under the category that you expect it in. And sometimes its written for a trained tech, they think you understand more than you do.

Yesterday I wanted to adjust the rear shock, as I had the front ones. After, screwing with it for a time, I came in and looked it up in the manual. Totally different than the front ones.

Read the manual, you can't go wrong.

Using the search in SL is a good idea too. There are no dumb questions. :yes:

WEB-WVR
04-18-2015, 12:04 PM
I just hope and think that we don't discourage questions, for whatever reason. :spyder:

Answering anyone back to just "read the manual"....sorry, seems a little crass to me. So I hope we all can be as helpful as our experiences can allow us to be.

:bowdown: Oh humble wise one :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-18-2015, 12:08 PM
Agree that questions are always welcome. Most times, I see answers to questions within minutes of the OP asking. Many times, the answers are more informative than what is in the manual.

I used to re-read the manual during the winter off-season, just to review and keep the basic information at hand.

Also find that sometimes, a question is not fully answered by the manual.

Also find that others experience plus what is in the manual are always a win-win.

WEB-WVR
04-18-2015, 12:18 PM
Agree that questions are always welcome. Most times, I see answers to questions within minutes of the OP asking. Many times, the answers are more informative than what is in the manual.

I used to re-read the manual during the winter off-season, just to review and keep the basic information at hand.

Also find that sometimes, a question is not fully answered by the manual.

Also find that others experience plus what is in the manual are always a win-win.

Well said ! :yes:

Tom in NM
04-18-2015, 12:59 PM
Answering anyone back to just "read the manual"....sorry, seems a little crass to me. So I hope we all can be as helpful as our experiences can allow us to be.

. . . . 100%

Including a link to the online manual and the page # is the 'un-crass' thing to do. But, every rider owes it to themselves to become familiar with the manual for those times when the internet isn't available - and it allows them to ask more focus questions about what they are trying to understand.

Plus, over the years I have been on this forum, I have seen some truly terrible advice given ( and seen it taken ). Having a good understanding of what is in the manual, is the first step in making sure you are asking the right question and getting the right answer.

If you rely totally on the knowledge of strangers, you could be in for some nasty surprises. And, if all you can do is ask basic questions, how are you ever going help anyone else when they need it?

It is a two part problem: one side needs to be tolerant and supportive of people starting on the learning curve and the other side has to be committed to doing the basic homework required.

Tom

Chupaca
04-18-2015, 02:15 PM
one of the first things I recommend is read your manual cover to cover...if you can get one while you wait for delivery it is great...:thumbup:

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-18-2015, 03:10 PM
The "search" feature here, though helpful...does not always find the requested info.
A serious limitation sometimes is the restriction that only words of four or more letters will be searched. A good alternative way for searching, which I use quite often is Google. The search format is "word1" "word2", etc., followed by "site:spyderlovers.com". Don't use the " marks, unless you're searching for a phrase. I have them here to make things more clear.

IdahoMtnSpyder
04-18-2015, 03:15 PM
It is a two part problem: one side needs to be tolerant and supportive of people starting on the learning curve and the other side has to be committed to doing the basic homework required.
:agree: Well said. The challenge, as it always is in life, is striking the proper balance!

BikerDoc
04-18-2015, 03:40 PM
A serious limitation sometimes is the restriction that only words of four or more letters will be searched. A good alternative way for searching, which I use quite often is Google. The search format is "word1" "word2", etc., followed by "site:spyderlovers.com". Don't use the " marks, unless you're searching for a phrase. I have them here to make things more clear.
:agree:when I search on google, anything relebvant on spyderlovers.com comes up,, much more effective than search on spyderlovers which seldom produces results for me

Brentc
04-18-2015, 04:58 PM
As a new spyder owner, I went a step further and copied the manual from the website into my google drive app and now have the entire manual on my iPhone which is always with me.

Tom in NM
04-18-2015, 05:37 PM
As a new spyder owner, I went a step further and copied the manual from the website into my google drive app and now have the entire manual on my iPhone which is always with me.

. . . . I did the same, but just put it in iBooks so it is available on all my devices. Also did scans of my Warranty and Insurance cards and also imported them into iBooks so they are always with me on my phone.

Tom