PDA

View Full Version : First long ryde today..

jneg2
04-17-2015, 12:04 PM
First substantial ride today (130 m) and first impression is WOWIE! Probably not much you haven't heard before. Coming from an assortment of about 9 motor bikes over the last 35 years or so, the most recent being an '04 Monster (the liter one), this one can sure hold its own considering it's about 2 1/4 times the weight. Getting used to not having the handbrake is one thing, but the G force around corners is another! Learned to use my legs more and trust the machine and it's nanny's protective cloak. Neck is a bit sore from the gauge spoiler's wind blast, but expected that with the laid back position. Learning to relax and ease up on the bars was good advice that I eventually remembered to do! An aftermarket screen is definitely in my future, probably the Madstad, as it looks now. Also enjoyed the stares from the general public..
PS: Not much vibration noticed, only a slight bit around 67 MPH. Not concerned yet.http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105655&stc=1

Chupaca
04-17-2015, 12:08 PM
glad you were able to get out there and enjoy a longer ryde. Youwill be doing this more and more and finding the long way home...:ohyea::ohyea:

Tom in NM
04-17-2015, 12:26 PM
Also enjoyed the stares from the general public.

. . . . don't ride nude. :yikes:

Yes, a loose grip and using your legs in corners are two key lessons.

It it is great to hear you are enjoying it.

Tom

ARtraveler
04-17-2015, 12:29 PM
:yes::yes: Sounds like you had a good ride on your F3.

one2doo
04-18-2015, 08:59 PM
:congrats: