PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to install Zumo 590 on 2015 Spyder RT-S?

Robertsepolen
04-16-2015, 11:22 AM
I have a newly purchased 2015 RT-S. I have Sena bluetooth Headsets. Do NOT have brp bluetooth dongle. What will I need to install sumo 590 and bluetooth it to my headset?

Thanks Bob

RT Driver
04-16-2015, 03:47 PM
Good Luck Bob. I've had the mounting kit on order since January of 2015 when I got my new bike. It's been backordered out of BC since then with the current date of receipt in BC as April 20th.:gaah: It's not hard to do after you get the mounting kit (if you can get a mounting kit) just time consuming. The kit has everything you need and the plug in is under the right inside passenger handle. My husband and I fished the wires through the handlebars without taking off the headlight just all the right side panels. Joe Meyer at Squared Away (in Las Vegas) was kind enough to hard wire mine to the plug when he installed all my lights.

JayBros
04-16-2015, 04:19 PM
I have a newly purchased 2015 RT-S. I have Sena bluetooth Headsets. Do NOT have brp bluetooth dongle. What will I need to install sumo 590 and bluetooth it to my headset?

Thanks Bob

The Sena SM10 Bluetooth dongle transmits your Spyder radio system signals wirelessly to your headsets. You won't need the Bluetooth dongle to pair the 590 with your headsets. Download the owner's manual at http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac//zumo_590_OM_EN.pdf and it will walk you through the process. Might not hurt to download the Sena headset manual too.

Robertsepolen
04-16-2015, 05:43 PM
Thanks everyone! This is what I figured but am getting questions for answers at the dealer.

2015 RT-S

Robertsepolen
04-17-2015, 12:30 AM
Ijust realized that I typed "sumo" instead of Zumo" haha. Gonna wrestle this one I guess!

Thanks everyone! This is what I figured but am getting questions for answers at the dealer.

2015 RT-S

Robertsepolen
05-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. Job done with no problem!

2015 RT-S