PDA

View Full Version : Satellite Radio

satownsendsr
04-16-2015, 07:52 AM
Has anyone installed the satellite radio module and associated entertainment harness on their Spyder? I've ordered one to go on my '14 RT Limited and was looking on line for installation instructions. So far I have been unsuccessful. I looked on You Tube but all I could find was a video replacing the radio module. I'm sure that some type of installation instructions will come with the unit, but if it is like others, it will be lacking.
If you have done so, or know of a website or video that explains it, I would appreciate sharing.

Thanks,
Steve

Sent from my Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

SpyderGTL
04-16-2015, 07:49 PM
I installed the satellite radio module and entertainment harness on my wife's '11 RT. I thought that the instructions that came with both were pretty decent and complete enough. I ran into problems adding the Sena SM-10 Bluetooth unit since that wasn't the Can Am version with its own harness. If you're just doing the satellite radio module and entertainment harness, it really is straight forward, though you are taking the entire rear end off! That definitely is a two-person job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flaggerphil
04-16-2015, 09:22 PM
I have it on my '11 RT but had it installed by the dealer.

ChicoFowler
04-16-2015, 11:09 PM
I let the dealer do the work. I had the whole package put in on my 2014Limited, but had them put the Dongle in the glove box, so I could easily turn it on and off without having to open the frunk. Got that idea from a fellow Spyder Ryder and it works great. The tricky part was when I wanted to set up "favorites" on the XM radio.....doesn't work the same way as the FM/AM radio.....after some frustration and a few kind words of endearment, I figured it out.....It's great on long trips. Last year, my wife and I did 16 states and 4300 miles in 1 trip. Would have been nice to have this installed back then. Good luck with yours!!!!!

satownsendsr
04-17-2015, 12:00 PM
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions. I am just putting the satellite radio on. I already have the Bluetooth Dongle installed. I thought about doing the CB to but was told by the dealer that it would not work with the Bluetooth so I am not sure how that would work. I had CB on my HOG but never used it so I think I will just let that slide.