PDA

View Full Version : SIMPLE MP3 PLAYER QUESTION??

Mad Mac
04-15-2015, 08:25 PM
Got a cheeeeap MP3 player loaded w/tunes that I have had for acouple of years. Question is w/I have it connected in the port on the right side of trunk(looking from rear),my GPS media screen says"NO MP3 PLAYER FOUND" and I'm using the aux cable that came w/machine(RC blade into MIC on MP3 w/round 5or7 pin connected to the port). My machine is the RT limited model. What dumb button did I not push or set?? Or is it that I need an addapter for the square port on my MP3??? Thanks all, I really feel it's going to something STUPID on my part. By the way, wisconsin's weather has finally warmed up alittle and allowed me to put on 600 miles the last 2 days!!:yes::yes:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-15-2015, 10:16 PM
I have a BASIC but I'm sure that part is the same. You should have received two cords with different plugs , it sounds like you are using the same one I do for my MP-3 player.......I think your are in the wrong screen / section of the mode function....you should be in AUDIO PREFERENCES and select MP-3 as your selection.....Hope this is the answer ......Mike :thumbup:

jcthorne
04-16-2015, 08:19 AM
plugging an mp3 player in the trunk port has nothing to do with the GPS screen. It will play when you set the audio controls on the center screen (where your speedo is) to AUX. You will then hear what the mp3 player is playing but will have no control of the mp3 player from up front. If you want control of the player, song selection, next previous or playlist selection you will need an ipod. The round stereo audio jack carries sound only, no data.

aeroshots
04-16-2015, 09:20 AM
plugging an mp3 player in the trunk port has nothing to do with the GPS screen. It will play when you set the audio controls on the center screen (where your speedo is) to AUX. You will then hear what the mp3 player is playing but will have no control of the mp3 player from up front. If you want control of the player, song selection, next previous or playlist selection you will need an ipod. The round stereo audio jack carries sound only, no data.

x2. No different than plugging in earbuds to your mp3 player. The earbuds have no control over what is being played. I wish it were different too because I've got several mp3 players. Hopefully within a week I'll get the ipod I ordered off ebay.:thumbup:

Mad Mac
04-18-2015, 08:24 PM
I have a BASIC but I'm sure that part is the same. You should have received two cords with different plugs , it sounds like you are using the same one I do for my MP-3 player.......I think your are in the wrong screen / section of the mode function....you should be in AUDIO PREFERENCES and select MP-3 as your selection.....Hope this is the answer ......Mike :thumbup:

Thanks, I forgot about the dash screen and I will try this next. I'm not a devise wizard.

Mad Mac
04-18-2015, 08:28 PM
x2. No different than plugging in earbuds to your mp3 player. The earbuds have no control over what is being played. I wish it were different too because I've got several mp3 players. Hopefully within a week I'll get the ipod I ordered off ebay.:thumbup:

Thanks, I'm using the RCA cable that came w/machine and will try the audio preferance screen the next time on on it.

Mad Mac
04-18-2015, 08:30 PM

Thanks, I guess an ipod will be next on the list.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-19-2015, 12:09 AM

I don't have one of those , but I they gave me a cable that I think works with the I-Pod device ......Mike .........Also I don't know how handy you are but I took the multi pin Connection out of the rear trunk, stripped it from the radio harness , then brought it forward and put it into the right side of my glove box......That way I have access to the MP-3 player :thumbup:

aeroshots
04-19-2015, 07:54 AM

CAUTION! I am no device guy either. My ipod came yesterday...if you get an ipod nano, get the version 6 and not the version 7. The version 7 does not have the 30 pin connector. The 6 apparently does. I got the 7 :opps:. I've ordered an adapter for the connections for around $10.00 and hope it functions.

DrewNJ
04-19-2015, 08:07 AM
Anyone ever try using a 30 pin bluetooth adapter? This may give those that don't have iPhones the ability to connect through the stock system.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/aluratek-30-pin-bluetooth-audio-receiver/9096103.p?id=1218987691917

DrewNJ
04-19-2015, 08:09 AM
My wife uses one in her Mini and it even still allows the steering wheel controls to work. Might be worth a go?

Bob Denman
04-19-2015, 08:40 AM
What does she have?? :D :2thumbs:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105772&stc=1

DrewNJ
04-20-2015, 07:51 AM
Upside-down. ...great.

Bob Denman
04-20-2015, 07:58 AM
:shocked: I think that I pinched a nerve in my neck... :D
Red and Black... :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=zIawk-9PApw