PDA

View Full Version : BRP Comfort Seat

Billhall
04-15-2015, 04:24 PM
I have a 2014 RT, how can I tell if I have the BRP Comfort seat or just the normal production seat ?

Elwood58
04-15-2015, 05:13 PM
Is it comfortable? If yes, then Comfort Seat, if no, then stock seat. Seriously though, Riders seat is larger on the Comfort Seat.

blacklightning
04-15-2015, 05:49 PM
The comfort seat has a 17" seating surface vs. a 15" seating surface on the stock seat (that is drivers seat.)

stevedfive
04-16-2015, 01:10 AM
OEM has a flat seat and the Comfort Seat has rounded seat and sides.

Billhall
04-16-2015, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the help. I want to order a driver backrest but wasn't sure which seat I had.

Bob Denman
04-16-2015, 11:11 AM
Some place in here, somebody once posted comparison pictures of the seats...
If you can find them; it becomes pretty easy to spot the differences. :thumbup:

JayBros
04-16-2015, 11:22 AM
Here are two pictures from my stock and comfort seats, respectively. As you can see, on the stock seat (left photo) the area where the seat back is inserted is larger than the area on the comfort seat (right photo). That smaller area on the comfort seat is smaller due to moving the lumbar support aft to get the additional two inches of driver space.

Bob Denman
04-16-2015, 12:45 PM
That's the shot!! :clap:
Thanks! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-16-2015, 01:51 PM
I changed out the OEM seat with a Comfort Seat on our 2011. The Comfort Seat sits back a couple inches as mentioned above. I also find the Comfort Seat to be a bit more firm (as in less mushy feeling) than the OEM seat.

I have not made a change over on my 2014 yet. The OEM is better than previous versions, but I am not finding it perfect.

I also have a Corbin seat/backrest sitting on the shelf if I start playing seat tag.

At 10K and one season into the 2014--I am still on the fence. :roflblack:

NavyChiefEd
06-20-2018, 05:59 AM
The comfort seat gives the driver 2 more inches of room. But how does it affect the passenger? Is the 2 inches taken away from the passenger? I really would like to buy a comfort seat but need to know about the passenger issue. Any help would be appreciated.

crazycanuck
06-20-2018, 06:23 AM
The comfort seat gives the driver 2 more inches of room. But how does it affect the passenger? Is the 2 inches taken away from the passenger? I really would like to buy a comfort seat but need to know about the passenger issue. Any help would be appreciated.

I was in same dilemma so when we got to dealership my wife got on the demo RT with comfort seat and she did not like the back rest being moved back another 2 inches. So I decided to stay with the oem seat and will most likely change to RDL seat next year as they can make a seat without moving the backrest back. In the meantime the comfort of my passenger is all that matters :banghead::)

Mr. White
06-20-2018, 08:35 AM
I had a BRP comfort seat on my 2014 RT-L and it was better than the OEM. The additional length was better as I am tall. My wife does not ride any more so when I got my 2017 RT-S (wrecked the '14) two months ago, I got the back rest for the OEM seat to see how it went. Is is okay but I may get an Ultimate (as I had on my 2011 RT-L).

My question....could the BRP back rest fit on an Ultimate seat? I hate to spend the money an Ultimate back rest if it would. Any comments? Thanks.

My wreck: On a Saturday breakfast ride with about ten other's we were going into a downhill blind curve. We were running about 10-15 mph. My buddy in front of me made a panic stop and I couldn't. It bent the frame and with front end plastic and radiator damage.....the insurance company totaled it. My dealer had a '17 RT-S left over and I saved about $6,000 over an '18. No difference in my '14 and I am happy with it. $6,000 buys a lot of gas and insurance and with me going on 86 soon, I may not be riding in 10-15 years, so my '17 just fits.

:spyder2:

jaherbst
06-20-2018, 09:08 AM
[QUOTE=crazycanuck;1370756]I was in same dilemma so when we got to dealership my wife got on the demo RT with comfort seat and she did not like the back rest being moved back another 2 inches. So I decided to stay with the oem seat and will most likely change to RDL seat next year as they can make a seat without moving the backrest back. In the meantime the comfort of my passenger is all that matters :banghead::)[/QUOTE

When we ride two up with the comfort seat we simply remove the backrest. Takes less than ten seconds. SO then becomes backrest and

we are together again in sweet bliss!

​Jack

crazycanuck
06-20-2018, 09:42 AM
[/QUOTE

When we ride two up with the comfort seat we simply remove the backrest. Takes less than ten seconds. SO then becomes backrest and

we are together again in sweet bliss!

​Jack[/QUOTE]

Yes sir but I am going to hold out for the RDL seat next spring

Peteoz
06-20-2018, 04:02 PM
In the meantime the comfort of my passenger is all that matters :banghead::)

Wise move, Crazy.......wise, wise move;):D:D

Pete

Fat Baxter
06-20-2018, 11:37 PM
I was researching Ultimate seats. They move the driver's position back a bit, but they make their matching passenger backrest (the upright pad fastened to the trunk) thinner to make up the difference for the passenger.