PDA

View Full Version : cable adjusters

4 MARIE
04-14-2015, 10:33 PM
Could anyone please inform me how to access the cable adjusters for the side bag release. My cables stretched almost immediately, and having to use two hands to open the side bags is a drag.

Thanks in advance, I know someone can enlighten me.

DonST
04-15-2015, 10:22 AM
The saddlebag cable adjusters are just above the tail lights and under the rear trunk panel. Open the rear trunk and saddle bag lids. The rear trunk panel is a bike colored U shaped panel that runs across the back edge of the trunk and down each side to the top rear of each saddlebag. 4 screws along the top and 2 screws along each saddle bag. This panel has a lip along the bottom of the middle section which has to be carefully removed and re-installed while the screws are out.

Hope this helps.

finless
04-15-2015, 10:46 AM
Here is a picture to help.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105450&d=1429112794

Bob

bruiser
04-15-2015, 11:08 AM
that panel has a small tab in the top center. If you don't get that tab in the slot when you reinstall the trunk lid will not close and lock.

Bob Denman
04-15-2015, 11:59 AM
The toughest part of this trick... getting your saddlebags to open, so that you can access the two screws on each side... :shocked:

Good Luck! :thumbup:

4 MARIE
04-15-2015, 04:33 PM
I cannot express how grateful I am to all of you for the help. I will now be one happy camper. Have a great and safe spyding season.

Tango
04-15-2015, 04:56 PM
Let us know how you made out? :thumbup: Tom :spyder:

rothenbj
11-07-2017, 10:25 AM
The toughest part of this trick... getting your saddlebags to open, so that you can access the two screws on each side... :shocked:

Good Luck! :thumbup:

That's where I'm stuck. How do I get the left saddlebag open to get to the screws to take the panel off. I used the OPs methods except for the cursing and it hasn't popped open. I've hoped that bouncing around on the road after fooling with it would pop it but no luck.