PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Adapter ?????

connie9003
04-14-2015, 03:21 PM
I have left the apple family and moved on to the Samsung. Is there a cable "like the iphone adapter that came with my RT" that i can run my Samsung through the infotainment center like i did with my Iphone?

Magdave
04-14-2015, 03:28 PM
Just the headphone jack plug in.

connie9003
04-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Thats sad i'd like to be able to control it from my buttons like i did the iphone. CAN AM STEP UP !!!

jcthorne
04-14-2015, 03:44 PM
No. BRP only supports i devices. Get an ipod nano just for the bike. Put it in the trunk with velcro and forget about it.

connie9003
04-14-2015, 03:46 PM
Yeah had one for 3 yrs it died sad day :(

Magdave
04-14-2015, 03:48 PM
And that is why I wont but an I phone. I do have any iPod nano but I do not use the bike sound system BT head set either hooked up to my GPS w/media player or my HTC One. All the companies providing enhanced support to Apple addicts annoys me. Even my Chinese BT headset allows control of my tracks on anything.

Marker
04-14-2015, 04:11 PM
Bluetooth everything to headset .

finless
04-14-2015, 04:41 PM
FYI just to clarify this is not a BRP only supports iPhone thing.

Bottom line Apple has a protocol over it's USB connection that allows control of the device.

Android OS does not have anything like this. I am sure if they did RadioSound would have implemented it.

Which is another important point. BRP does not make the radio and it's capabilities. RadioSound does.

Bob

Magdave
04-14-2015, 06:24 PM

Bottom line Apple has a protocol over it's USB connection that allows control of the device.

Android OS does not have anything like this. I am sure if they did RadioSound would have implemented it.

Which is another important point. BRP does not make the radio and it's capabilities. RadioSound does.

Bob

My android blue tooth allows total control of my music so I am sure there is a way. I can change tracks turn up and down the volume with the touch of a finger on my cheap $49 BT headset. Apple has more pins but with there new lightening plug it probably won't be backward compatible.

finless
04-14-2015, 06:28 PM
My android blue tooth allows total control of my music so I am sure there is a way. I can change tracks turn up and down the volume with the touch of a finger on my cheap $49 BT headset. Apple has more pins but with there new lightening plug it probably won't be backward compatible.

Bluetooth yes.... USB no. Oh and even on Android with BT, you cannot do near what the Apple protocol supports like listing playlists, artists, albums, etc.... on a remote device or display. So no sorry, you do not really have total control.

I am not a big Apple fan so don't get me wrong. Hell I run a Android web site www.freaktab.com

But Apple early on enabled this unique control protocol and is patented so other OS's cannot even copy it!

Bob

gened4288
04-14-2015, 11:09 PM
Get an ipod nano just for the bike. Put it in the trunk with velcro and forget about it.

That's pretty much what I did. Got an iPod Touch at the local pawn shop for $35 and loaded it with tunes. It never leaves the bike.

Gene

Larry rt
04-15-2015, 06:54 AM
I kept my IPhone and use it in trunk for music.I also switched to Samsung phone.when we go riding, he listens to my music via sena blue tooth.

ARCTIC
04-15-2015, 09:32 AM
You could put a Bluetooth adapter in the trunk feeding the 3.5mm jack and have your phone mounted to your handlebars. Then you could run music streaming like Pandora or just play mp3's

jcthorne
04-15-2015, 09:53 AM

Bob

All the music is accessible via the usb port. My kenwood car stereo has no trouble playing the tracks on my android phone either via usb or bluetooth. BRP and RadioSound have chosen not to support android (which uses industry standard file protocols) and to support ONLY apple's proprietary system.

By the way, the Ford Sync system in my wife's Escape can read and use the tracks on the android phones as well. Again via bluetooth or usb.

And in both cases its FULL access including album art, artist, album and other metadata embedded in the tracks. Also full control. index and search capability.

ARCTIC
04-15-2015, 09:59 AM
All the music is accessible via the usb port. My kenwood car stereo has no trouble playing the tracks on my android phone either via usb or bluetooth. BRP and RadioSound have chosen not to support android (which uses industry standard file protocols) and to support ONLY apple's proprietary system.

By the way, the Ford Sync system in my wife's Escape can read and use the tracks on the android phones as well. Again via bluetooth or usb.

And in both cases its FULL access including album art, artist, album and other metadata embedded in the tracks. Also full control. index and search capability.
It's bypassing the android OS and reading all the data as a storage device. No different than a thumb drive

finless
04-15-2015, 10:25 AM
It's bypassing the android OS and reading all the data as a storage device. No different than a thumb drive

Correct.
Might as well just use a thumb drive permanently if your car has that which now many do.

RadioSound should come up to date as well and have radios with USB thumb drive or SDcard support. If they did that no need for any hard wired phone/iPod or MP3 player.

Once again you cannot blame BRP for this! They do not make the radio. Also I might add I do not know of any other motorcycle radio maker that integrates to a motorcycles can buss? So if RadioSound is it, then some hands are tied as to what they support.

Bob

jcthorne
04-15-2015, 01:49 PM

Yes, and it works and is an industry standard. How is it less complete than the proprietary Apple version?

Actually its the android os that is providing the emulation. Did not used to do this in previous versions.

The current radio on the RT was developed for the 2010 Spyder model and has been pretty much unchanged since then. The electronics industry has moved on in 5 years. Time Radiosound did too.

rays hell
04-15-2015, 05:39 PM
I've been considering BT in my helmet. Which one do you have for $49 ?

markyodo
04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
I also opted for the cheap iPod touch (less than $50 used). It's velcro'd into the trunk. Set it and forget it. After riding I can just pull into the garage and it connects to my home wifi automatically and does it's sync stuff remotely without intervention. It takes a couple dozen minutes to reach full charge and even if the bike is off for a couple days the iPod is still on and ready for a connection.

finless
04-15-2015, 06:37 PM
I also opted for the cheap iPod touch (less than $50 used). It's velcro'd into the trunk. Set it and forget it. After riding I can just pull into the garage and it connects to my home wifi automatically and does it's sync stuff remotely without intervention. It takes a couple dozen minutes to reach full charge and even if the bike is off for a couple days the iPod is still on and ready for a connection.

+100

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Bob

Magdave
04-15-2015, 07:03 PM
I've been considering BT in my helmet. Which one do you have for $49 ?

It is one like this:thumbup:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Earpiece-Bracket-1000m-BT-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-New-/251508490189?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a8f12ffcd

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/ODAwWDgwMA==/z/-vcAAMXQrhdTU-30/$_57.JPG

pitzerwm
04-16-2015, 12:00 AM
I think this one is of a better quality: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Set-Kie-500M-Interphone-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-/261711541757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cef3935fd

Magdave
04-16-2015, 09:06 AM
I think this one is of a better quality: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Set-Kie-500M-Interphone-Bluetooth-Motorcycle-Motorbike-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-/261711541757?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cef3935fd

Pretty much the same built by the same factory. Getting 2 for that price is good. That said I have had zero issues with them I have mine paired with my wife+GPS+phone.Read the description exactly the same. I like the bigger knob for gloved use myself.

rays hell
04-16-2015, 05:44 PM
Thanks for the info y'all.

pegasus1300
04-16-2015, 06:03 PM
So do these B/T headsets allow you to receive your music in Stereo?

Magdave
04-16-2015, 06:16 PM
So do these B/T headsets allow you to receive your music in Stereo?
Yep if it is on your phone it will play and answer phone calls.A2DP. If you have a GPS w/mediaplayer on it that will play too. You can only use one media player at a time though either or:thumbup: You have to turn off the BT from either the GPS or phone depending on what you want to hear. The inter com works along with either media player if your passenger pushes the button the music will turn off and you talk. Push the button and back to the music. It has noise cancelling so inter com is very clear.