PDA

View Full Version : RT TOWED TO THE DEALER TODAY

oldguyinTX
04-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Getting the coolant leak fixed. While there, I was talking to the owner about the impending 2013 RT recall. He looked at me like I had two heads. He knew absolutely nothing about it, said no one from BRP had contacted him. Well, 16 days until May 1st. Maybe BRP will contact dealers then. You know, IMHO, BRP should be giving dealers a heads up about what is going to be done to hopefully remedy the 2013 RT problems, in order for them to prepare for them to start showing up at dealers for the repair. All of this secrecy on the part of BRP makes no sense to me. Meanwhile, dealers are being flooded with Sea-Doos (at least mine is - 5 were brought in while I was there) for the upcoming water sports season. I can only imagine how long it will take to get a service appointment once the "Big Secret" is revealed, much less how long it will take. Maybe we should ask this guy?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105421&stc=1

Bob Denman
04-14-2015, 01:38 PM
:shocked: That bike has put you through the wringer! :banghead:
I'm not sure if this is true; you may want to check it out...
A vehicle brought in for a recall that may directly impact the safety of it; has to be scheduled ahead of vehicles brought in for normal servicing...

At least I HOPE that it's true... Good Luck! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-14-2015, 01:41 PM
If some dealers are not the least bit aware, I think this points to an impending situation.

Hopefully, the delay has to do with making sure that each and every dealer has the proper parts, etc., for the fix, rather than having to wait forever for backordered items. Also wonder if dealers will be drop shipped fix items, or if they have to order them as inventory stock keeping units?

If BRP announces the fix and does not have the parts ready to go in a timely manner, I think they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

That said, the above is woulda, coulda, shoulda.

A little over a month to go (May 31). Announcement on May 31 still constitutes a May notification. Let's hope it does not get taken to the bitter end though.

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

oldguyinTX
04-14-2015, 01:44 PM
MAY 31st? YOU'RE KILLIN' ME!!!

Bob Denman
04-14-2015, 01:47 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105422&stc=1

Bob Denman
04-14-2015, 01:48 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105423&stc=1

Dan McNally
04-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Getting the coolant leak fixed. While there, I was talking to the owner about the impending 2013 RT recall. He looked at me like I had two heads. He knew absolutely nothing about it, said no one from BRP had contacted him. Well, 16 days until May 1st. Maybe BRP will contact dealers then. You know, IMHO, BRP should be giving dealers a heads up about what is going to be done to hopefully remedy the 2013 RT problems, in order for them to prepare for them to start showing up at dealers for the repair. All of this secrecy on the part of BRP makes no sense to me. Meanwhile, dealers are being flooded with Sea-Doos (at least mine is - 5 were brought in while I was there) for the upcoming water sports season. I can only imagine how long it will take to get a service appointment once the "Big Secret" is revealed, much less how long it will take. Maybe we should ask this guy?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105421&stc=1

If a dealer is unaware that there is a recall, I suspect that dealer isn't looking very hard, and/or isn't paying attention to his or her incoming mail . . .

RBS66
04-14-2015, 02:43 PM
This waiting,for what BRP is going to do with our bikes. IS MAKING ME NUTS! It's really starting to take away the enjoyment of owning a spyder. The 2013's are losing value and they're not safe.
I've had mine for 18 months now. I put money down and I've been making payments since. And every day I walk past it in my garage I wonder if my bike is ever going to be perfect. I researched buying this bike and waited five years before purchasing because it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me. I don't go out and drop that kind of money every day. JUST REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH BRP!

mastertek2000
04-14-2015, 02:44 PM
I. Think it's just a big secret just like every time I went to the dealer and complained about the heat and fuel smell I woul get the same answer we have never heard of that glad I traded to 2014 I feel bad for that are stuck hope it works out for all the 2013 RT owners

Bob231
04-14-2015, 02:47 PM
At least my dealer was aware of the upcoming recall but that was about all. My Spyder developed a coolant leak and, despite working on a two week service backlog, they told me to get it in to them and leave it. The hope was that they get it diagnosed and order parts for the repair so when my turn comes around they could fix the leak as well as perform my 4600 mile service. I was to have received a status update on the diagnosis but that was a week ago and no call yet. I'm hesitant to imagine what the scenario is going to be when the recall fix is released.

Bob Denman
04-14-2015, 02:53 PM
This waiting,for what BRP is going to do with our bikes. IS MAKING ME NUTS! It's really starting to take away the enjoyment of owning a spyder. The 2013's are losing value and they're not safe.
I've had mine for 18 months now. I put money down and I've been making payments since. And every day I walk past it in my garage I wonder if my bike is ever going to be perfect. I researched buying this bike and waited five years before purchasing because it was a once-in-a-lifetime thing for me. I don't go out and drop that kind of money every day. JUST REALLY DISAPPOINTED WITH BRP!
Give them a chance to fix the bike, and then tell us how you feel... :thumbup:

RBS66
04-14-2015, 03:08 PM
Give them a chance to fix the bike, and then tell us how you feel... :thumbup:

I'm trying. I went out for a ride yesterday and there was some heat coming out from around seat. It wasn't unbearable at all just makes you think the whole time you're riding if everything is okay. Every time I stop I'm constantly checking the bike. You know just constantly checking everything (is it leaking gas, is the fuel boiling,is my temperature gauge going up).

jerpinoy
04-14-2015, 03:12 PM
I just hope to see our fellow riders to get their:spyder2::spyder2: fix and start riding.

BikerDoc
04-14-2015, 03:19 PM
BRP does a lousy job of communicating with their dealers on every issue possible while constantly trying to ram more inventory down their throats. I am not surprised that this important issue would be any different for them. How do you think it makes dealer feel when they get more info from their customers than BRP?

Lamonster
04-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Dealers login to Bossweb everyday and all the info is right there. That's the way the factory communicates with the dealer, they don't call them. They also send email alerts, I get them just like they do so if your dealer isn't looking at his emails or going to Bossweb (and he does if he orders anything) then it's not really BRP's fault.

oldgoat
04-14-2015, 03:52 PM
I'm trying. I went out for a ride yesterday and there was some heat coming out from around seat. It wasn't unbearable at all just makes you think the whole time you're riding if everything is okay. Every time I stop I'm constantly checking the bike. You know just constantly checking everything (is it leaking gas, is the fuel boiling,is my temperature gauge going up).

You sound just like me & I have a Spyder that is sort of OK. Not much fun is it, laying down a whole lot of $ and then spending most of the time wondering what part will quit first?

Nothing has quit but I can't stop worrying that it will.

Chupaca
04-14-2015, 03:54 PM
:agree: there is no way that dealership is not aware..or should be..!! They should sign onto Spyderlovers and get up to date...:roflblack:nojoke

spydaman60
04-14-2015, 03:57 PM
If a dealer is unaware that there is a recall, I suspect that dealer isn't looking very hard, and/or isn't paying attention to his or her incoming mail . . .that was my thought when reading this!nojoke

Bob Denman
04-14-2015, 05:01 PM
You sound just like me & I have a Spyder that is sort of OK. Not much fun is it, laying down a whole lot of $ and then spending most of the time wondering what part will quit first?

Nothing has quit but I can't stop worrying that it will.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105426&stc=1

JerryB
04-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Hi Bob,

Re: Give them a chance

They had their chance back when the first one burned to the ground. They F'd it up.

Jerry Baumchen

RBS66
04-14-2015, 06:45 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105426&stc=1
Thats easy for you to say, you have a 2014

MidTNDawg
04-14-2015, 07:11 PM
BRP does a lousy job of communicating with their dealers on every issue possible while constantly trying to ram more inventory down their throats. I am not surprised that this important issue would be any different for them. How do you think it makes dealer feel when they get more info from their customers than BRP?

I was still pretty new and was attacked for posting BRP is not very dealer friendly.

cnl414
04-14-2015, 07:25 PM
Dealers login to Bossweb everyday and all the info is right there. That's the way the factory communicates with the dealer, they don't call them. They also send email alerts, I get them just like they do so if your dealer isn't looking at his emails or going to Bossweb (and he does if he orders anything) then it's not really BRP's fault.

Lamonster is right. All dealers have access to Bossweb and when they log in the information is right there. My son-in-law is a dealer and has shown me where it is.

jaherbst
04-14-2015, 07:49 PM
Like I posted before after testing what was supposed to be a final fix, Don't expect too much! I am pretty sure they are still trying to figure out another untried solution to this. Non of the three tries have worked so far. I am anxious to see what they come up with next.

Stand by for a request for an extension.

Jack

Bob Denman
04-14-2015, 08:37 PM
Thats easy for you to say, you have a 2014
That is true. But at this point in time; what else can you do, but wait for the fix, and keep your fingers crossed?
Worrying is a lot like sitting in a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but it really accomplishes little...

I want ant to see a whole bunch of sweet-running 2013 RTs hit the road also; with yours leading the pack :thumbup:

cognaccruiser
04-15-2015, 09:55 AM
With regard to dealers knowing or not about the 2013's pending fix, all I can add is that my dealer does/did know about the recall coming down soon based on a conversation I had with the service manager a couple of weeks ago. If a dealer doesn't know, it would appear to be on them, not BRP.

Otherwise, I sincerely hope it works out well for all those affected.

Gary