PDA

View Full Version : Kewlmetal Highway Pegs are In

zzneonzz
11-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Well today i recieved a package containing my Brackets/Pegs from Kewlmetal. I'm hoping to have these installed in the next week or two and can't wait! I'll post pics once they are installed

bjt
11-26-2008, 08:25 AM
:congrats:

bone crusher
11-26-2008, 12:22 PM
please post pics...have to see the all the ones out there to help make decision...

Roger
11-26-2008, 08:49 PM
:congrats:cant wait to see them

REDRICH05
11-27-2008, 12:44 AM
:2thumbs: :clap: :agree: :congrats: :yes: :yes:

SSPSpyder
11-27-2008, 03:28 AM
Just got mine also, I know what I'll be doing friday!:D

retread
12-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Got mine Friday, trying to make room in my garage so I can get some work done. My daughter and my 4 grandkids moved in recently, and room out there is REALLY tight. Ever try to keep a 9 year old out of your tool boxes? Ended up locking them.

zzneonzz
12-01-2008, 06:42 PM
I dropped the spyder off Saturday to have them installed. Hopefully they will get to it Tuesday when they open up and i'll have it back tuesday night.

zzneonzz
12-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Picked up the spyder lastnight after having the pegs installed and man those things look good! The dealer did say that it wasn't as easy as the instructions made it out to be since this was an SE and not an SM he said it would have been a lot easier to do on an SM.

For all the SE owners who are thinking of getting these and doing the install yourself Kewlmetal recomends doing the right side first however this is for the SM on the SE it is required you do the right side first. The mechanic stated he did not see a way to start with the left side first on the SE models.

They look really good and i'll get some pictures once i get my Camera charged up again.

Matt thanks for yet another wonderfull accessory!!!!

bone crusher
12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
Eagerly awaiting those pics...how stable are they and are they adjustable at all? Does this product require any alteration to the frame of the bike??

Thanks and congrats!

zzneonzz
12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
They appear to be REALLY stable i have not put but about 5 miles on it since i got them since it was 25 degree's here this morning. They are adjustable and do not require any modifiying of the fram. They mount to the montor mounds and replaces the long bolt that goes from one side of the motor to the other. No cutting or drilling is required. All mounting hardware was included.

zzneonzz
12-05-2008, 06:50 PM
sorry for the bad pic's i only have my cell camera with a charge currently

LDFIREWORKS
12-05-2008, 06:59 PM
i have widow pegs they work great looking for rear pegs any clues i have tryed everything and not one combo worked help :congrats::spyder::spyder:

Big Joe
12-10-2008, 11:26 PM
i have widow pegs they work great looking for rear pegs any clues i have tryed everything and not one combo worked help :congrats::spyder::spyder:

What are you looking to do?
Big Joe.

bone crusher
12-11-2008, 02:26 AM
BTW,

You got all parts from kewlmetal?

zzneonzz
12-11-2008, 06:58 AM
BTW,

You got all parts from kewlmetal?

Yes I got the brackets, adapters, and pegs all from Kewlmetal. So they have everything you need for adding these and i believe they even have a black powdercoated option for the pegs/adapters but i prefered the chrome to match my grips.