PDA

View Full Version : Fuses as Part of Emergency Kit

WEB-WVR
04-13-2015, 02:15 PM
So...time will tell how far I travel with the Spyder though I have traveled with my other bikes. I always carried with me an emergency/smart kit;
-First Aid kit-including trauma type supplies
-various tools (make sure they fit the bike)
-flashlight
-extra prescription medicine
-2 bottles of water
-rain gear
-FUSES-for the bike

So even though I have not had a fuse blow on a bike in over 35 years...I like to have them, a form of insurance. ;)

QUESTION: I know from the manual what wattage to buy and I know they are the flat 2 prong fuses...but ?: are they the new mini style or the old full size type fuses ? Do you guys/gals carry extra fuses ? I was not planning on carrying relays....but is there any that have a common problem where we should carry one ?

What else do you think we should carry for emergencies ? :dontknow:

In the process of packing my frunk ! :spyder2:

Thanks ! :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
04-13-2015, 02:28 PM
So...time will tell how far I travel with the Spyder though I have traveled with my other bikes. I always carried with me an emergency/smart kit;
-First Aid kit-including trauma type supplies
-various tools (make sure they fit the bike)
-flashlight
-extra prescription medicine
-2 bottles of water
-rain gear
-FUSES-for the bike

So even though I have not had a fuse blow on a bike in over 35 years...I like to have them, a form of insurance. ;)

QUESTION: I know from the manual what wattage to buy and I know they are the flat 2 prong fuses...but ?: are they the new mini style or the old full size type fuses ? Do you guys/gals carry extra fuses ? I was not planning on carrying relays....but is there any that have a common problem where we should carry one ?

What else do you think we should carry for emergencies ? :dontknow:

In the process of packing my frunk ! :spyder2:

Thanks ! :thumbup:

You should have in your fuse box 1 extra bladed fuse of each size that you need (from the factory)

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
04-13-2015, 02:34 PM
:agree: always good to have extras and they take up little space at all. They are the mini's you should check to make sure and know where they are...:thumbup:

WEB-WVR
04-13-2015, 02:40 PM
:agree: always good to have extras and they take up little space at all. They are the mini's you should check to make sure and know where they are...:thumbup:

Will do ! :clap:

I thought I would get a few more extras as many are duplicated in their use. :spyder2:

Brew crew
04-13-2015, 06:39 PM
I found out the hard way last year to make sure when we travel to have extra fuses!! Fortunately, was traveling in a group. People in front of me noticed that I had no lights! They pulled us off in a rest stop, the guys troubleshooted and we discovered I had two blown fuses and someone had extras. Also learned to have needle nose pliers in my tool kit to be able to pull the fuses out. Just went today to tractor supply and got ones for this year's trip.

Always make sure we have a quart of oil, zip ties, mini tool kit that has 10 & 12 mm sockets/wrenches, first aid kit with the normal stuff plus the small trauma blanket, rain gear, plastic bags to put on our seats in case we get into a rain storm - this way the seat isn't soaking wet, flashlight, phone charger (wall & car type), RoadID and we always travel with our medical POA in an envelope in our rear trunk.

Michele

SPYD1
04-13-2015, 07:24 PM
Have to agree with Michele. I got stuck in the upper peninsula of Michigan on my old RS needing oil. That was a delay finding the right oil.

WEB-WVR
04-14-2015, 12:57 PM
I found out the hard way last year to make sure when we travel to have extra fuses!! Fortunately, was traveling in a group. People in front of me noticed that I had no lights! They pulled us off in a rest stop, the guys troubleshooted and we discovered I had two blown fuses and someone had extras. Also learned to have needle nose pliers in my tool kit to be able to pull the fuses out. Just went today to tractor supply and got ones for this year's trip.

Always make sure we have a quart of oil, zip ties, mini tool kit that has 10 & 12 mm sockets/wrenches, first aid kit with the normal stuff plus the small trauma blanket, rain gear, plastic bags to put on our seats in case we get into a rain storm - this way the seat isn't soaking wet, flashlight, phone charger (wall & car type), RoadID and we always travel with our medical POA in an envelope in our rear trunk.

Michele

Thanks...very good info !. Since my Spyder is new and I will probably have the dealer do oil changes. Do the dealers carry the Spyder BRP Oil...or WHAT BRANDS ARE YOU OWNERS USING ? :clap: