PDA

View Full Version : Temp gauge questions

Bfromla
04-12-2015, 10:06 PM
Ok I'm lost as to the temp reading per "pegs". I would like some numbers to judge how hot avg is and if all digital read out what is wrong with color? Green =cool, yellow= warm! RED= HOT! Simple right? I check my fluids and all and stay on average 4or 5 pegs in average weather, if i travel to areas with 100+ temps i need to know how my bike will act and how to enjoy that trip. I've had other vehicles end up overheating before and love the spyder too much to risk for my lack of knowing. The dash offers so much info they could program a little more user friendly, I think :joke:

Cruzr Joe
04-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Ok I'm lost as to the temp reading per "pegs". I would like some numbers to judge how hot avg is and if all digital read out what is wrong with color? Green =cool, yellow= warm! RED= HOT! Simple right? I check my fluids and all and stay on average 4or 5 pegs in average weather, if i travel to areas with 100+ temps i need to know how my bike will act and how to enjoy that trip. I've had other vehicles end up overheating before and love the spyder too much to risk for my lack of knowing. The dash offers so much info they could program a little more user friendly, I think :joke:

on my 2014 RT-s i used to get 4 or 5 pegs on the digital readout, did the cat bypass and now i get a steady four, the 1330's have the reverse fans that activate if you are in traffic or stopped to help dissipate the heat, i would not be overly concerned with 5 bars while traveling or an occasional 6 if in stop and go traffic anything beyond that would make me concerned.

It always helps if we know what year and model Spyder you have because some are different than others in the way they act/work/run. Thats why mine is posted in my signature.

Cruzr Joe

Chupaca
04-12-2015, 10:23 PM
I have an RS (close enough)

Cold to cool weather it will run at (3/4) bars
warm to hot weather it will run at (4/5) bars

I have run around in 117* and never gone over five bars. This will depend on the coolat you are using and where you ryde. Where wexare the temps are mostly warm to hot with an ocasional chill. So I run a different blend than most. But the above is a good guage...:thumbup:

Bfromla
04-13-2015, 10:38 PM
Thx yall I'm just old school, fyi other rides are '68&'69 so I'm use to seeing numbers :) &tech is there they could do more, running stock BRP fluids & am use to my own PM work. Spyder is new to me & i may be overly cautious. Know I will tour the lower 48 , 8 down already and hit hot zones I'm not use too. See yall @ spyderfest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk