PDA

View Full Version : 2012 limited Sometimes hard to steer

Champagne
04-12-2015, 02:02 PM
Sometimes when I'm riding the steering get real hard and heavy and I have to muscle the turn if I get off the bike let it sit for a little while or the next day or two I do not have the problem anyone have any ideas what it may be. I was thinking maybe the battery have something to do with it. but I really don't know

IGETAROUND
04-12-2015, 06:17 PM
Check you battery terminals for tightness. The power steering is the highest voltage draw on the bike. There have been power steering issues with some of the models in the past. If no codes and it persists have your battery load checked, it's possible that it's failing and need to be replaced. :yikes::banghead:

Champagne
04-12-2015, 07:30 PM
Check you battery terminals for tightness. The power steering is the highest voltage draw on the bike. There have been power steering issues with some of the models in the past. If no codes and it persists have your battery load checked, it's possible that it's failing and need to be replaced. :yikes::banghead:

Great thank you

ahh-cool
04-12-2015, 07:35 PM
I had the same problem, get your bike lazer aligned

Champagne
04-12-2015, 09:03 PM
I had the same problem, get your bike lazer aligned
Wow! Sounds interesting tell me more about it. Just for curiosity help me understand what do that have to do with DPS or steering. I understand it keeps the bike online riding straight
i'm just trying to tie it all in

ahh-cool
04-21-2015, 11:17 PM
my tires were pointing outward like a "V".
When you turn one tire is toward the turn and one tire is straight.
one tire is turning and one tire is being pulled sideways.
Stefan