PDA

View Full Version : Smoothspyder Backrest

boombostick
04-12-2015, 10:15 AM
Just installed my smoothspyder backrest yesterday and thought I would pop in here with a quick review on it. Installation was smooth and the quality of the parts is awesome! Being a T-5 para this addition was a must for me. I went from feeling very uneasy to feeling like this bike was made just for me. For other para's out there looking for information or are looking to feel more stable on what they drive, I absolutely reccommend this backrest. Also, since my wife will be ryding with me part of the time, all I have to do is move it into the passenger position for her, than I have her behind me for support. BTW I own a 2012 RS, pics to be coming soon when I can figure out how to upload from my phone. Now I'm just waiting on my web boards to show up and its nothing but open road for me!! Well minus the 600 mile oil change and look over since being out of the crate, which will be done this saturday at 9. Happy ryding all!!

boombostick
04-12-2015, 10:21 AM
So I emailed the pic from my phone to myself to get it on my computer. I forgot to take one with the backrest yesterday so I will put one on here next time im at my father in laws to take another since that is the only garage space available to me. So far it has the ISCI handbrake and smoothspyder back rest (not shown) and then the web boards on the way. Will add photos of my progress.

Chupaca
04-12-2015, 10:22 AM
glad you found that back rest. They are great and only wish I had found it back when I was looking. May not have been available. But looks like the more than perfect item in your case. Hope the boards come soon so you both can get out there..:thumbup::ohyea::ohyea:

boombostick
04-15-2015, 08:38 PM
I got some new pictures taken with my smoothspyder backrest. I didn't take any from the passenger position of the seat, I will post them when I remember to move it and snap some more. Now just need my web boards, which are scheduled to be here friday, then saturday is my 600 mile inspection an oil change. Sunday might be my first full ryde on my spyder!! The anticipation is killing me!!

boombostick
04-15-2015, 08:41 PM
The last 2

Bfromla
04-23-2015, 03:18 AM
So you gonna make spyderfest?,:doorag: Pm me might need to add a state to my trip back:yes:

pwpalmbay
04-23-2015, 12:57 PM
Yeah, the backrest is a must.

roller
04-28-2015, 11:38 AM
The last 2

Backrest does look sweet and looks like the best choice for us high level paras. Do you have a rack for carrying your chair?
I sold my 08 couple years ago with a rack that attached nicely to the "kewl metal" passenger backrest. I'm looking for another spyder now and like your backrest but am a bit stumped as to how I will attach chair rack? My chair is a "rigid frame" (non folding) so it has to be able to hang of the back! Any ideas???
cheers,
roller:thumbup:

boombostick
05-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Backrest does look sweet and looks like the best choice for us high level paras. Do you have a rack for carrying your chair?
I sold my 08 couple years ago with a rack that attached nicely to the "kewl metal" passenger backrest. I'm looking for another spyder now and like your backrest but am a bit stumped as to how I will attach chair rack? My chair is a "rigid frame" (non folding) so it has to be able to hang of the back! Any ideas???
cheers,
roller:thumbup:

Sorry haven't been on here in a bit, been tearing up the road :doorag: I will look through the forums when i get home and find the rigid chair set-ups that I ran across before and post them here for u

roller
06-11-2015, 11:04 AM
Sorry haven't been on here in a bit, been tearing up the road :doorag: I will look through the forums when i get home and find the rigid chair set-ups that I ran across before and post them here for u

Where does your chair go??