PDA

View Full Version : Ipod integration cable on a RT to a iPhone6 up frount

mclaw44
04-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Ok folks may be and easy question here but I'm not find an easy answer yet.......Anyone have a way to hook up the Ipod integration cable on a RT to an iPhone6 sitting on my handlebars. Thanks in advance.

k3232668
04-12-2015, 10:06 AM
Some folks are using a Bluetooth dongle that sits in the back top case to play music thru the stereo. It won't help if your wanting to power/charge your phone. It's fairly inexpensive, if I remember only about $25. Or so on amazon.

billybovine
04-12-2015, 10:23 AM
I don't know how skilled you are at wiring but you could build an extension cord. All you would need is a male and female 7 pin DIN connector, some 7 conductor shielded cable. That would give you charging and full control of your apple device anywhere you want to put it.

MRH
04-12-2015, 10:32 AM
This isn't the answer to your question, but this is what I do, and it works very well.

I have the phone on my handlebars plugged into a USB charger, and bluetooth it directly to a UClear 200 in my helmet. I use the GPS on the phone (Waze is great if there is traffic, or if you want to know about cops, and Maps is otherwise my preferred app). I play music through the phone, and can take a call if I want to.

It removes the complication of using the Spyder, and I'm not sure what you gain by having it integrated (perhaps I'm missing something). Siri is very hit-and-miss while you are riding.