PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use this new Rain X product

murphybrown
04-12-2015, 09:45 AM
Well, into countdown to depart to Spyderfest and doing the OCD/Manic/actually enjoyable checking my lists and doing them twice, thrice...:yikes: One of my biggest whines is when it rains..now I mean rain not a raindrop or two..it reallllly messes with my vision...between the windshield and my face shield . not fun....nojoke
.my son said he has used Rain X for ever on his helmet shields with no "ghosting"...so thought what do I have to lose...a new shield can't be that much...so off to shop I go. Rain X has a new product: RAIN X PLASTIC CLEANER (heck even get a full rebate for trying :thumbup:). So I follow instructions...buff my 3/4 helmet shield...looks good...but folks it seldom rains in my area...thinking I'll go run through the sprinklers that I just turned on for the season...NO NO NO.. chickened out shortly after the thought passed through--to dang cold outside temp and water.
Yep then the brilliant mind, that I have come to be known for, kicked in. Try the shower....SO I DID....:roflblack::roflblack: Seriously that stuff worked. But I'm reluctant to put on my Spyder windshield. So any body out there in Spyderland used this stuff on windshield? Please give a product review. Appreciate it. 32' right now...blue skies...thinking I'll walk to church this morning. Yep excited...9 days and blast off for Springfield, MO and Spyderfest 2015!!! :yes::yes:

Chupaca
04-12-2015, 09:52 AM
I have not used it but they are a good company and would not have a problem using it. Hopefully someone here has used it cause many would benefit from the product. Especially the big sheilds...:thumbup:

Big Mike
04-12-2015, 12:46 PM
I haven't used the new product, but I have used Rainex for years and for several months on my Spyder. It works great and leaves no smear or film. I use it on my helmet and the windshield. It makes the rain bead up and run off quicker and I get much better visibility. Hope this helps and I'll see you at SpyderFest.

ARtraveler
04-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Cmon! you beta testers. Spend some bucks and give us a good report. :roflblack::roflblack:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: Otherwise, you will be hearing from me again. :roflblack::roflblack:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-12-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, into countdown to depart to Spyderfest and doing the OCD/Manic/actually enjoyable checking my lists and doing them twice, thrice...:yikes: One of my biggest whines is when it rains..now I mean rain not a raindrop or two..it reallllly messes with my vision...between the windshield and my face shield . not fun....nojoke
.my son said he has used Rain X for ever on his helmet shields with no "ghosting"...so thought what do I have to lose...a new shield can't be that much...so off to shop I go. Rain X has a new product: RAIN X PLASTIC CLEANER (heck even get a full rebate for trying :thumbup:). So I follow instructions...buff my 3/4 helmet shield...looks good...but folks it seldom rains in my area...thinking I'll go run through the sprinklers that I just turned on for the season...NO NO NO.. chickened out shortly after the thought passed through--to dang cold outside temp and water.
Yep then the brilliant mind, that I have come to be known for, kicked in. Try the shower....SO I DID....:roflblack::roflblack: Seriously that stuff worked. But I'm reluctant to put on my Spyder windshield. So any body out there in Spyderland used this stuff on windshield? Please give a product review. Appreciate it. 32' right now...blue skies...thinking I'll walk to church this morning. Yep excited...9 days and blast off for Springfield, MO and Spyderfest 2015!!! :yes::yes:

:2excited:...Hi Karyl , very much looking forward to seeing you again annnnnnnnd I am bringing " PRESENTS ".!!!!!!...:lecturef_smilie:.....However the product you are looking for is " RAIN-X (for) PLASTIC WATER REPELLENT "...........I went to their web site and read everything they had to say about it ......which everyone should read.....It's too long for me to type...........It does say it is formulated for just about EVERY type of plastic I ever heard of.......But is not a " CLEANER " .........FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and only use a cloth not a paper product...........I'm going to buy some :yes:......Mike ....UPDATE .....on Amazon it is selling for $ 7.47 for 12 oz.......

murphybrown
04-12-2015, 02:20 PM
:2excited:...Hi Karyl , very much looking forward to seeing you again annnnnnnnd I am bringing " PRESENTS ".!!!!!!...:lecturef_smilie:.....However the product you are looking for is " RAIN-X (for) PLASTIC WATER REPELLENT "...........I went to their web site and read everything they had to say about it ......which everyone should read.....It's too long for me to type...........It does say it is formulated for just about EVERY type of plastic I ever heard of.......But is not a " CLEANER " .........FOLLOW THE DIRECTIONS and only use a cloth not a paper product...........I'm going to buy some :yes:......Mike ....UPDATE .....on Amazon it is selling for $ 7.47 for 12 oz.......

Yep headed toward the windshield next. Yep following directions EXACTLY and sooooo looking forward to connecting at SF Mike....later..:clap:

Lin
04-12-2015, 02:52 PM
I haven't tried it in the rain or even taken a ride with it yet, but, I just applied a product to the windshield for a ride tomorrow. It is called "All Kleer Cleaner & Polish".
It left the windshield slicker than it has ever felt before. It is made for the aviation, motorcycle and marine applications. Here is a link the the company:

http://www.all-kleer.com/all-kleer-aviation.html

I requested a sample and received a .6 oz bottle.
I will be buying a bottle. I found it available on Amazon.

MarkLawson
04-13-2015, 07:48 AM
Karyl,

Give it a try on your windshield. The worst that could happen is you find you need to replace the windshield with a new F4!

https://www.f4customs.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=294

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
04-13-2015, 07:54 AM
i use rainx on my helmet & windshield & have been using it on my cars for over 30 years, i also use the washer
fluid & glass cleaner

murphybrown
04-13-2015, 08:51 AM
So next time Studly and I get into some rain (real rain not a drop or two) I will report back as to my opinion. I've used Rain X products for years on vehicles and like it ALOT...but had always been warned to not use on Syder windshield. But this new stuff is worth a try. I followed instructions to a T ... this is not a cleaner...so clean first...then apply and buff buff buff...well maybe only 2 buffs...I can be a little OCD on such things!! See you at SF...if like my ryde to SF last year that will not be when the test occurs...last year never even had rain gear on once. :thumbup:

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-13-2015, 11:13 AM
So next time Studly and I get into some rain (real rain not a drop or two) I will report back as to my opinion. I've used Rain X products for years on vehicles and like it ALOT...but had always been warned to not use on Syder windshield. But this new stuff is worth a try. I followed instructions to a T ... this is not a cleaner...so clean first...then apply and buff buff buff...well maybe only 2 buffs...I can be a little OCD on such things!! See you at SF...if like my ryde to SF last year that will not be when the test occurs...last year never even had rain gear on once. :thumbup:

:agree:....I WOULD NEVER USE " REGULAR " RAIN-X ON PLASTIC .......PERIOD ..... Think about it , if it was OK why would they ( rain-x ) bother to create an entirely new product....................Some of the thinking that goes on here amazes me sometimes :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:.............Mike :thumbup: