PDA

View Full Version : Dealership Happy Dance!!

Fat Baxter
04-11-2015, 05:03 PM
When I bought my 2014 RTS last September, I knew I was repeating my dealership experience with BMWs -- working with a dealership 100 or so miles away. Sigh. When it came time for my initial service, I tried another dealership even further away, as they had more flexible service scheduling.

On a whim, I checked the BRP website to see what other dealers might be within a day's drive (I hadn't checked in in a long while). WTF? A new listing just 20 miles down the road in Montgomery, Alabama? Be still my heart!!

I checked their web site (currently a Honda/Yamaha dealer) and sure enough, "Can Am coming soon." I called, and a nice receptionist allowed as to the Can Am thing was starting some time in the future, though.

So, while on my Saturday ride today, I decided to swing by and find out more. I walked in and asked what's going on, and what their forecast was. They smiled and took me out back. Crate after crate marked "Can Am" -- four semis had just unloaded. And they had just assembled their first 2015 RTS (already sold). They took 3 days to assemble it, studying every little thing. The service manager walked me through their pending, massive facility expansion.

Yes, they know how important initial set-up is. Yes, they've heard all about front end problems. Yes, they're aware of how Roadster owners farkle their bikes (after all, they have experience with farkling Gold Wings). Most important to me: they do maintenance on an appointment basis, not "drop it off and we'll get to it whenever" like the place where I bought mine.

That last bit has me doing a happy dance. I can now drop the bike off in the morning, get a ride to work, then pick it up in the afternoon. Unlike trailering my BMW across the state (to the only dealer in the state), dropping it off, then picking it up a week or so later. Woo-woo!
:yes::yes:

ursamajor35126
04-11-2015, 05:10 PM
We'd heard that there was a new dealership in Montgomery.... Glad it's working out for you. Our dealer, Big #1 does legendary service and customer support. :firstplace:

FYI... we are having a Spyder / Trike specific training event at the Motorcycle Safety Foundation facility in Montevallo on May 9th. Tell all your buds and come join us. :bbq::bbq: :thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-11-2015, 05:12 PM
:congrats:
So now that you've only got a 20 mile ride to get the bike there for service...

... you'll have to find all of the LONGEST ways home... Gotta make sure that they got everything right! :D :thumbup:

Gator37
04-11-2015, 05:42 PM
When I bought my 2014 RTS last September, I knew I was repeating my dealership experience with BMWs -- working with a dealership 100 or so miles away. Sigh. When it came time for my initial service, I tried another dealership even further away, as they had more flexible service scheduling.

On a whim, I checked the BRP website to see what other dealers might be within a day's drive (I hadn't checked in in a long while). WTF? A new listing just 20 miles down the road in Montgomery, Alabama? Be still my heart!!

I checked their web site (currently a Honda/Yamaha dealer) and sure enough, "Can Am coming soon." I called, and a nice receptionist allowed as to the Can Am thing was starting some time in the future, though.

So, while on my Saturday ride today, I decided to swing by and find out more. I walked in and asked what's going on, and what their forecast was. They smiled and took me out back. Crate after crate marked "Can Am" -- four semis had just unloaded. And they had just assembled their first 2015 RTS (already sold). They took 3 days to assemble it, studying every little thing. The service manager walked me through their pending, massive facility expansion.

Yes, they know how important initial set-up is. Yes, they've heard all about front end problems. Yes, they're
aware of how Roadster owners farkle their bikes (after all, they have experience with farkling Gold Wings). Most important to me: they do maintenance on an appointment basis, not "drop it off and we'll get to it whenever" like the place where I bought mine.

That last bit has me doing a happy dance. I can now drop the bike off in the morning, get a ride to work, then pick it up in the afternoon. Unlike trailering my BMW across the state (to the only dealer in the state), dropping it off, then picking it up a week or so later. Woo-woo!
:yes::yes:

Sounds like you've got a winner coming on board. This kind of news is good to hear.

ARtraveler
04-11-2015, 06:07 PM
Thanks for posting the good news about the new dealer. :yes::yes:

Chupaca
04-11-2015, 06:22 PM
HLucky dog....:clap::clap:........not you Snoopy...:roflblack: