PDA

View Full Version : Elka on order

Nyparrothead
04-11-2015, 06:20 AM
Elka has they shocks up and ready for the F3! I placed an order for a stage 4 with hyd preload... Said they are in a 2-3 week turn around....

mark

1blackbeauty
04-11-2015, 02:19 PM
Awesome, I'm going to call them on monday and get the scoop on the rear shock. The stock fronts seem fine but that rear has to go, fells harsh to me.

RPM
04-11-2015, 02:30 PM
Elka has they shocks up and ready for the F3! I placed an order for a stage 4 with hyd preload... Said they are in a 2-3 week turn around....

mark

I've been emailing back/forth John at Elka myself. I'm having my dealer put on my BajaRon sway bar on Tuesday and wanted to see the improvements one step at a time. Did you discuss which shock was better for the bike? Why not Stage 5 (other than price)? I'm looking at the Stage 5 for the rear and not too sure which shock in the front. I will call John when it comes time for me to order them.

Can't wait to hear your review!

Ryde safe!

Nyparrothead
04-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Well after looking at the mounting they came up with for the Hyd reseviour and preload, I might switch to the stage 2. It looks kinda crappy.

mark

RPM
04-12-2015, 12:50 AM
Well after looking at the mounting they came up with for the Hyd reseviour and preload, I might switch to the stage 2. It looks kinda crappy.

mark

Yes, but function before form. I'll be doing a lot of 2 up ryding and the hydraulic preload is easier to change.

1blackbeauty
04-12-2015, 08:41 AM

mark

I agree, the remote res setup looks crappy imo. The HYD preload adjuster by itself looks trick and is perfect for fast 2 up riding setup. I also noticed a dual spring setup in one of the pics on the website. Stage 2 with HYD and that dual spring will work for me.

Nyparrothead
04-13-2015, 08:11 PM
Well I called Elka back and changed my order.. I am now going with a Stage 2 with custom dual rate spring.. I just could not get over the mounting of the reservoir and hyd preload mounting...

Mark

LV2RYDE
04-13-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm having my dealer put on my BajaRon sway bar on Tuesday and wanted to see the improvements one step at a time.

Ryde safe!

Is the sway bar specific for F3?
Can you share your review about it?

MMMII
04-14-2015, 01:17 PM
I don't get it....

Which Elka is equivalent to the adjustable rear shock on the ST? The stage 2? That's the one I'd consider getting for my F3.

RPM
04-15-2015, 01:01 AM
Is the sway bar specific for F3?
Can you share your review about it?

LV2RYDE,

I got the sway bar on today as well as a few other things and didn't get to go out for a good ryde since I have been up doing my taxes at the last minute :banghead:. But I can say initially that the bar makes a BIG difference. It was a windy day today and on my way to the dealership I was wondering around with wind. It was actually windier coming back from the dealership and my F3 was ryding as straight as an arrow. The few turns I did take at speed were much improved. I plan to go out tomorrow and really put it to the test and will give a better review on it later. But for now, it is 100% absolutely worth it for the F3.

Hope that helps!

On a sadder note, due to a miscalculation on my taxes, I won't be getting the Elkas at this time but look forward to hearing from those of you who do. They will come but a bit down the road.

Happy ryding!

Mike Ard
04-15-2015, 01:52 PM
I had the Elka's on my 2010 RS and loved them. Made a huge difference but I think I am going to wait till I actually get to ride my F3 before I think about after market shocks. From what I have seen and read BRP actually did a pretty good job with the shocks this time around. The original RS/GS shocks, in a word, SUCKED. (sorry but that was the nicest thing I could say about them.

MikeinGA
04-29-2015, 08:28 PM
I had the Elka's on my 2010 RS and loved them. Made a huge difference but I think I am going to wait till I actually get to ride my F3 before I think about after market shocks. From what I have seen and read BRP actually did a pretty good job with the shocks this time around. The original RS/GS shocks, in a word, SUCKED. (sorry but that was the nicest thing I could say about them.

I have a 2011 RS-S SE5 and the shocks SUCKED. They are the biggest and poorest Qualty shocks I have seen, of course there not covered under warranty. I worked on cars, trucks, and motorcycles 50 years.

Mike

Mike Ard
04-29-2015, 08:53 PM
Well after I said I wasn't going to get new shocks till I at least rode the F3........... I ended up and bought the up rated Fox Float shocks front and rear from Grandpaspeed. The fronts don't have the remote res. but have a nice rebound adjustment that will be easy to adjust. The rear shock does have the remote res. and a pre load adjustment like my Elkas did. At the rate things are going I will have all the upgraded things I had on my RS for the F3 before I even get to ride it.