PDA

View Full Version : 90 degree valve stems

Cavman
04-10-2015, 06:35 PM
I was looking through my latest AMA American Motorcyclist magazine and saw an ad for these valve stems. They are pretty too!

http://store.soundrider.com/collections/tire-stuff/products/tv25-84-degree-tire-valve-stems

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-10-2015, 10:30 PM
I was looking through my latest AMA American Motorcyclist magazine and saw an ad for these valve stems. They are pretty too!

http://store.soundrider.com/collections/tire-stuff/products/tv25-84-degree-tire-valve-stems

I'm not sure they will work on the Spyder Rim , because it is too thick..........I have used the ones from KURVEYGIRL.COM .....they are steel and 85 degree also.......they won't cause imbalance..........and they were 2 @ $10 + $2.50 shipping ........just sayin........Mike :thumbup:..................Be advised these are NOT replacements for the OEM Schrader valve .......you must drill a new hole on the opposite side of the rim....it's very easy........:thumbup:

cptjam
04-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Got a set. Next tire change, I will try them

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-11-2015, 10:10 AM
Got a set. Next tire change, I will try them

Because I've done it ................There is a raised line on the rim on the disc side , make sure you drill the new Hole at least " one " inch inside that line ( towards the center of the rim ) . The valve stem on the inside is larger than regular ones , and according to the guy who mounted my first tire said it was very close to the MOUNTING ARM of the tire machine .......so the next one I moved to the new position and there was no issue .........just a heads up...Mike ....see you at Spyderfest :yes:...Mike

cptjam
04-12-2015, 10:07 AM
Did you weld up the old hole, or just leave it and add the new one? Can you snap a picture? Thanks! Joe

Cavman
04-12-2015, 12:31 PM
From some information posted on SpyderLovers some time ago, I went to the local HD dealer and purchased a hose they sell for about $10 for accessing the schrader valve on the rear tire. It has it's own schrader valve so there is no loss of air pressure when used. I check my air pressure via the hose and add air as needed with the hose. I remove it when I'm done.

I just thought those 90 degree units were cool and possibility for our Spyders?

SPYD1
04-12-2015, 01:06 PM
I would like something for the rear tire. It is a bugger to check.