PDA

View Full Version : Tricled light installation question

Fat Baxter
04-09-2015, 06:56 PM
I have a 2014 RT-S. I'd like to install some of Tricled's LED upgrades: the amber curve reflector and red light on the front fenders, and the red saddlebag lights. Does anyone have experience installing these? I'm not a serious mechanic, and I'm wondering if this is something I could do, or if it's something best left to a Spyder technician. (If I screw it up, I have to deal with it; if a real mechanic screws it up, he has to make it right.) Thanks!

Cruzr Joe
04-09-2015, 06:59 PM
i am fairly good at this ............................. I let Spyderpops put mine on. :roflblack::roflblack:

Cruzr Joe

Wiredux
04-09-2015, 07:30 PM
They are pretty straight forward.

coastrider
04-09-2015, 08:36 PM
Spyder Lyter Fred did mine at Outlaw Engineering during Daytona Bike Week. I had the lights you asked about plus brake, mirror, and ground effect lighting, and it took over five hours. Fred is gracious, and chatted with me while he worked. He mentioned that the Tupperware is tricky, and tabs are easily broken. There are lots of screws to remove to do brake lights, and their are several slightly different sizes to confuse an installer further. The wiring can be difficult to access, and the many splices reqire proper connectors and a steady hand. Drilling into the plastic is required for some installations. The tricled lights are VERY bright, so try to look at a finished job to see if you find them pleasing to your eye. Bottom line: A Person with electrical wiring experience and a delicate, patient touch can do this job, but frankly I think it was worth the money to have an experienced pro do the job.

Bob Denman
04-10-2015, 06:53 AM
I can only tell you that I managed to install them... :shocked:

..And they WORK!! :D

Seriously; the instructions that you get are very complete and easy to follow.
You'll need to be able to get the front end off the ground JUST enough to remove one wheel at a time; it gives you more fighting room.

MikeT
04-10-2015, 08:47 AM
As a soon-to-be new Spyder owner, I opted to have my dealer add my lighting accessories. I know it's costing me big bucks to go this route; but I didn't want to get nanny mad at me, generate error codes, or wind up in limp mode due to electrical issues. Piece of mind always cost; but if issues arise it is on the dealer.

Bob Denman
04-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Lights are actually pretty easy; if I can manage them... anybody can! nojoke
You'll basically have two wires, that need to get hooked into the proper two wires of the bike...
Reggie's directions are very well thought out, and easy to follow. :2thumbs:

I've added his 3rd and 4th brakelights to both of my RTs
and the new bike has also received the fender, and rear marker lights as well... :thumbup: