PDA

View Full Version : Brakes squealing.

blacklightning
04-06-2015, 10:17 AM
I purchased my 2014 Rt at the end of September 2014. After about 200 miles, I would hear a squeal in the brakes. It would happen sometimes, but not always. When I took it in for the 3k mile service, they said it seemed fine. Now I have nearly 4k miles, and it is squealing more often, and starting to be a little iritating when I come to a stop. Is this something that should be covered under warrenty, and has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't make the noise if I have to add a greater amount of pressure, only when coming to a slow stop.

Dan McNally
04-06-2015, 10:39 AM
They do that on my 2013 RT Limited . . . brake dust build up seems to cause it. If I take a hose and spray the brakes down, it goes away for quite a while . . .

finless
04-06-2015, 10:56 AM
http://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/ptr/AZP-10/image/3/

Bob

blacklightning
04-06-2015, 10:58 AM
They do that on my 2013 RT Limited . . . brake dust build up seems to cause it.
That is what I would have guessed, but with me being new to the spyder, I didn't know if it was a brake pad or rotor issue. Thanks, I feel better now.

Chupaca
04-06-2015, 11:04 AM
:agree: most common not like the good old days when they used asbestos...there are many ways to clean them and all last different length of time. When the time comes switch to the EBC pads (BajaRon, our sponsor has them) they are better...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
04-06-2015, 01:29 PM
If I ride where it is dusty (very common this time of year) because of road sand, The brakes will develop a squeak. It does go away.

blacklightning
04-06-2015, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the reassurance guys. I could have sworn that I read here that a couple of people had their 2014, squealing brakes replaced under warrenty. I did not know if it was a serious issue, of just like you guys are saying. I still love this thing, but just decided to question the vast knowledge here to make sure everything is alright:2thumbs:.

BikerDoc
04-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the reassurance guys. I could have sworn that I read here that a couple of people had their 2014, squealing brakes replaced under warrenty. I did not know if it was a serious issue, of just like you guys are saying. I still love this thing, but just decided to question the vast knowledge here to make sure everything is alright:2thumbs:. I have 30000 miles on my 2014 RTL and have yet to hear a squeal and have not heard anyone in our riding group complain either so can't believe this is a widespread issue. Of course to you widespread is you. I understand that. Never hurts to have the dealer check it. The better your dealer the more likely you are to get satisfaction

happyspyder2039
04-06-2015, 06:02 PM
I purchased my 2014 Rt at the end of September 2014. After about 200 miles, I would hear a squeal in the brakes. It would happen sometimes, but not always. When I took it in for the 3k mile service, they said it seemed fine. Now I have nearly 4k miles, and it is squealing more often, and starting to be a little iritating when I come to a stop. Is this something that should be covered under warrenty, and has anyone else had this problem? It doesn't make the noise if I have to add a greater amount of pressure, only when coming to a slow stop.
The early :spyder2:S had issues with lots of squeaky brakes. My suggestion would do a few hard stops to see if that helps. Try brake cleaner as finless suggested as well.