PDA

View Full Version : Highway Brackets

rhoule1
04-05-2015, 11:09 AM
Considering the purchase of the spyder pops highway brackets. Wondering if there is another alternative. $280 seems like a lot of money for a few brackets, and can anyone tell me if they work well. On long rides it would be nice to change leg position.

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-05-2015, 12:09 PM
PM sent ..............Mike :thumbup:

pitzerwm
04-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Considering the purchase of the spyder pops highway brackets. Wondering if there is another alternative. $280 seems like a lot of money for a few brackets, and can anyone tell me if they work well. On long rides it would be nice to change leg position.

This is what I did: http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?75970-Nothing-spectacular-just-making-it-mine post 11. After I added the floorboards, I find that I probably don't need the pegs. If I do find that I want them, I will mount them to the outside edge of the floorboard, near the front of them.

Cruzr Joe
04-05-2015, 12:39 PM
The Highway pegs from Spyderpops are actually Lamonsters NBV Highway pegs and are really very good, i have had a set on all three of my Spyders and really love them, they are comfortable and solid.

Cruzr Joe

Copperman
04-05-2015, 02:07 PM

They have a very nice set of highway pegs. There's a recent thread on here that reviews them:
RIVCO RT Highway Peg Mount Set - Review (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?78879-RIVCO-RT-Highway-Peg-Mount-Set-Review)

What do you ride (year)?

stormtrooper
04-05-2015, 02:19 PM
I got Lamonsters NBV brackets on my 2014 RT and like them a lot :thumbup:

rhoule1
04-05-2015, 07:30 PM
What great feedback from every one. Copper man's review of the Rivco highway peg was most impressive and I believe I'll be ordering those. Thank you.

Cruising RT
04-05-2015, 10:06 PM
I got Lamonsters NBV brackets on my 2014 RT and like them a lot :thumbup: Newbee here! Can you tell me what "grip puppies" are? thanks

Chupaca
04-05-2015, 10:20 PM
They are foam sleeves that go over your grips that help with vibrations etc. They will make the grip much thicker so not great for small hands. There are bar ends that can help a lot with vibrations as well. :thumbup:

Newbee here! Can you tell me what "grip puppies" are? thanks

Copperman
04-06-2015, 05:05 AM
What great feedback from every one. Copper man's review of the Rivco highway peg was most impressive and I believe I'll be ordering those. Thank you.

The article was written by Robmorg from SE Pennsylvania. I was just forwarding a great article.

trikermutha
04-06-2015, 08:23 AM
I went with the Lamonster FBB brackets.

Looks like they are on the other side of the lower plastic side shield versus in front of it.

rays hell
04-06-2015, 07:36 PM
I have Lamonster's NBV's with Kuryakin widow pegs on my 13 Rts but I'm thinking I would like some with a little less give
and a little different position .

garageguy
04-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Rivco makes a stock floorboard mount for hey pegs. Easy to install

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk