PDA

View Full Version : FOBO-Bike TPMS system on a Spyder

finless
04-04-2015, 07:20 PM
So in the main forum I had brought up the FOBO-Bike TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System) that I found and that it supports the Spyder.

So I ordered a set and it came today.

http://fobobikesales.com

Here is a little video showing the details of what it looks like installed on a Spyder and some tips from me.
I show how the stem caps fit and if there are any problems with the rims or rubber stems.

Bottom line the system works as advertised and I see no issue.

Some miles and use will tell more though.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-41jcKzNuY

Bob

finless
04-04-2015, 09:39 PM
So check this out! Super cool...

I have a dedicated iPod in my trunk. I used FOBO share and shared it with another account I made on my iPod touch in my trunk.
Now I don't need my phone if I do not want to it's all setup on my iPod in the trunk!

So get this! If music is playing from the iPod and I get a tire sensor warning, in interrupts the music and plays the warning siren through the Spyder's speakers! FREAKIN COOL!

Then top this off. I bound my Sena headset to the iPod in the trunk as a media player (not a phone). Same thing! It sends a warning to my headsets interrupting music!

I am liking this setup more and more! :)

Bob

finless
04-04-2015, 09:49 PM
The cool things about this now with the Sena binding or a dedicated iPod touch in the trunk.... While your riding you get live tire warning should you be starting to get a flat!!!!!

Tell you what, I remember having a rear tire go flat back in the 70's on two wheels. I had no idea it was and me and my passenger wound up in the ice plant along side of the freeway. With this system if your doing 75 along some highway and a tire picks up a puncture... your going to know before it is too late.

I will probably do another video on how I got this all working integrated with the Spyder's audio system.

Damn man... I like this system so far. Pretty happy with it :)

Bob

Magdave
04-04-2015, 11:07 PM
Hey Bob what about battery changes on the sensors and how long are they supposed to last?

markyodo
04-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Once again excellent video and review Bob. In your opinion, do you see any issues using one of these on the schrader valve located under the seat? Clearance, communications, etc.
Thanks.

finless
04-05-2015, 06:58 AM
Spec say battery lasts up to 2 years.

Battery replacement is easy.

http://youtu.be/hjshOt_ZW-Q

Bob

finless
04-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Once again excellent video and review Bob. In your opinion, do you see any issues using one of these on the schrader valve located under the seat? Clearance, communications, etc.
Thanks.

I will check if it will fit under the seat.
Only problem I see is the app doesn't support 4 sensors so if you wanted 4 you would have to get FOBO tire (car version).

Bob

finless
04-05-2015, 07:14 AM
Not going to work well for under the seat.
FOBO sensors only support up to 50 PSI. FOBO tire Plus sensors support up to 87 PSI.
Suspension airbag goes upto 96 PSI.

Bob

HVACR Guy
04-05-2015, 08:30 AM
FOBO sensors only support up to 50 PSI. FOBO tire Plus sensors support up to 87 PSI.

Bob

Hi Bob. Great find. Nice to see pressure at a glance and be notified when low. Saves checking all the time which loses a bit of pressure each time anyways.

markyodo
04-05-2015, 09:02 AM

Bob

Oh well. It was worth a shot, thanks for checking. Still looks like a really nice product.

finless
04-05-2015, 11:45 AM
Oh well. It was worth a shot, thanks for checking. Still looks like a really nice product.

Mark, so I am checking with the Vendor as to your question.

The FOBO Bike sensors are rated to 87 LBS. Very close to the max the airbag would be. I doubt many run it at max.
But what I wanted to know is if the sensor would be damaged going higher than the 87 lbs.

Stay tuned as I get answers.

However with that said. My RTS has the automatic ride control (air pump). I usually leave my setting in the middle. So I just went out, started up the Spyder and checked the pressure in the bag at middle setting. It's only at 38 PSI. Then using the switch on the console I increased the ride to max. Read the valve and it's only 57.
So as long you don't pump it manually to over 87, pretty sure our idea will actually work!

Bob

markyodo
04-05-2015, 11:53 AM
Mark, so I am checking with the Vendor as to your question.
However with that said. My RTS has the automatic ride control (air pump). I usually leave my setting in the middle. So I just went out, started up the Spyder and checked the pressure in the bag at middle setting. It's only at 38 PSI. Then using the switch on the console I increased the ride to max. Read the valve and it's only 57.
So as long you don't pump it manually to over 87, pretty sure our idea will actually work!
Bob

We usually ride with 2 up @ 48lbs. I can't see ever going much more than 55lbs.

finless
04-05-2015, 12:00 PM

Later today I will see if the sensor can go on the Schrader valve and not be contacted by the seat.

Stay tuned.

FYI, you can add a forth sensor and there are 2 ways to do it.
1) Add another vehicle profile like the spyder and only bind the 4th sensor as the rear wheel. Just do not add the fronts.
2) Add your spyder as a quad which the APP has. Make the right rear wheel the airbag and the left rear the rear tire.

So this will work with the APP as is.

Again I am in contact with the USA distributor now after showing him my video for use on a Spyder. Believe it or not, he thinks I am the first to actually use it on a Spyder in the USA. Anyway I am going to point out this idea to him and see if they will add to the APP a Spyder with a 4th sensor under the seat. :)

Bob

finless
04-05-2015, 12:02 PM
Do only the RT's have the airbag? Or do the ST's / RS's as well?

Bob

finless
04-05-2015, 04:19 PM

Hey Mark.... some good news buddy....

Pretty sure it works. See my video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5AMvq2vSXE

I actually talked with the US distributor today (Bob Mutch and a great guy!) about getting the APP updated to support a 4th sensor using a Spyder RT picture. My video was a proof of concept for him. No promises from him of course but might be doable! Bottom line if they do not, you can still setup with it and a 4th sensor using the setup for a Quad. I am hoping to get a 4th sensor and do some long term testing of this idea.

Great idea buddy! Credit goes to you and now just testing.

Bob

markyodo
04-05-2015, 07:57 PM
Thanks for checking, and doing all the leg work. The product looks really nice. I am budgeting for a set of 4 for my Spyder, the quad configuration would work just fine provided the 4th one supports the pressure test.

finless
04-06-2015, 09:24 AM
So check this out!!!!!

Yesterday I sent that video to the US Distributor. He then contacted FOBO and talked about adding a new image of the Spyder RT to the APP with the Air Shock sensor. Thus 4 sensors for a Spyder RT. Of course the 4th sensor is optional.

Anyway they are going to add it to the APP!!!! The Email I got copied on they said 2-3 weeks for the APP update!

Freakin cool! First time I had direct influence to a product tuned just for us Spyder owners.
While I will get nothing from this except a free sensor for testing, I am very proud to have helped.

Mark, great idea buddy! They liked it and now it is happening! :)

Bob

Magdave
04-06-2015, 09:35 AM
It may work with the stock seat but what about the Ultimate seat? No tool bag hole on them. Bob if you know someone who has one check it out please. :thumbup:I wonder how the sensor will hold up in the heat under the seat?

Magdave
04-06-2015, 10:06 AM
The other concern I have Bob is the BT. I have a BT GPS and helmet. Even without my phone paired to my helmet using GPS and the music player on it to my headset gets funky if my BT is on my phone. I have to make sure it is off for the GPS to work right. I wonder how the TPS will play with other BT systems? I know I can work around some of this by using my FM tuner to the GPS and bike but using helmet and phone + 3rd BT system (TPS) I wonder how they will play.

finless
04-06-2015, 10:32 AM
It may work with the stock seat but what about the Ultimate seat? No tool bag hole on them. Bob if you know someone who has one check it out please. :thumbup:I wonder how the sensor will hold up in the heat under the seat?

You read my mind! On May 9th I will be going to a large ride where there will be probably 100 Spyders. I will check it on as many seats as I can.

As for heat, the spec say operating tempos to 85C or 185F. Not sure there is that much heat all the way back under the seat like that near the brake fluid tank?
But we shall see. Sensor is on the way and I will be testing it.

Bob

pjweimer
04-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Some years back we had a 38 foot RV and we pulled a Saturn VUE. I installed a similar concept TPMS whose monitor accommodated all tires... 6 on the RV and 4 on the toad. Wondering if FOBO may consider modifying their app to support 5 inputs, 3 from the Spyder and and 2 on the trailer.

Bob, would mind dropping this concept on them?

Thanks,
Paul

Magdave
04-06-2015, 11:10 AM
You read my mind! On May 9th I will be going to a large ride where there will be probably 100 Spyders. I will check it on as many seats as I can.

As for heat, the spec say operating tempos to 85C or 185F. Not sure there is that much heat all the way back under the seat like that near the brake fluid tank?
But we shall see. Sensor is on the way and I will be testing it.

Bob

:thumbup: Check for BT interference too keep us posted.

finless
04-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Some years back we had a 38 foot RV and we pulled a Saturn VUE. I installed a similar concept TPMS whose monitor accommodated all tires... 6 on the RV and 4 on the toad. Wondering if FOBO may consider modifying their app to support 5 inputs, 3 from the Spyder and and 2 on the trailer.

Bob, would mind dropping this concept on them?

Thanks,
Paul

I have already asked them about the trailer and any limits on number of sensors. The FOBO APP can support up to 19 sensors!
To add the trailer you add another bike profile to the APP. So you have the Spyder as one profile and the trailer as another.
For now you setup the trailer as another 2 wheeled motorcycle. Bob Mutch (USA Distributer) says he has asked for a graphic of a cycle trailer to be added and they will be doing it in future updates, possibly this one that is adding the Spyder RT with the air-shock sensor.

Magdave, no issues with my BT headsets so far. I was using a SMH5-FM till today and I just installed my 20S. I have it bound to my wifes helmet (20s), my SM10 in the trunk, My iPod in the trunk, my iPhone 6 plus, and my Sena GoPro BT backpack. So far no issues.
The system obviously uses some different kind of BT protocol as the sensors do not show up on the iPhone in the BT settings screen.

Bob

pjweimer
04-06-2015, 01:26 PM
I think I'll order a set later today. Just finished installing EBC brake pads from Bajaron so the TMPS is the last thing before this riding season gets started.

markyodo
04-06-2015, 04:08 PM
Very good news, thanks again for doing all the work. I forgot about the trailer. I intend on having a trailer for the RT by June so looks like I would want 6 sensors.
The way I understood Bluetooth communication, the device randomly chooses from 79 available "channels" to communicate. It has a set time to make it's communication before it uses another and it does this random selection @ over 1000 times per second. So unless you have all channels being used at all times it would be difficult to cause any interference.

Magdave
04-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Very good news, thanks again for doing all the work. I forgot about the trailer. I intend on having a trailer for the RT by June so looks like I would want 6 sensors.
The way I understood Bluetooth communication, the device randomly chooses from 79 available "channels" to communicate. It has a set time to make it's communication before it uses another and it does this random selection @ over 1000 times per second. So unless you have all channels being used at all times it would be difficult to cause any interference.

I am thinking my interference issue was caused by a strong BT signal masking out a weaker one. It may have been sidebanding. No way to tell what device uses what channel. :dontknow:

Cyclist922
04-06-2015, 04:39 PM
Great thread. I think I'm going to order 5 for my RT and trailer. Bob, thank you for blazing a trail on this!
--Rod

pitzerwm
04-06-2015, 05:54 PM
Another question Pioneer Bob:o) Say you have the three sensors for the bike and they are set up and work fine. You are towing the bike in a trailer. Could you take the front 2 sensors from the bike and put them on your trailer(2 wheels) I assume that they reset to the different pressure in the trailer tires and then you are good to go.

Other than being cheap, do you think that this will work?

finless
04-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Yes you can do that but if the pressure min and max need to be changed then you have to release them change the settings and rebind them. At the point might as well add another vehicle and the rebind to that.

The FOBO web site has excellent videos for moving the sensors to different vehicles.

Bob

pjweimer
04-07-2015, 01:48 AM
Just checked Play Store, FOBO Bike not there. Sent them an email asking when Android users may see app. Sure looks like what I have been wanting in aTPMS app.

pitzerwm
04-07-2015, 01:56 AM
Just checked Play Store, FOBO Bike not there. Sent them an email asking when Android users may see app. Sure looks like what I have been wanting in aTPMS app.

I just downloaded it. You must have mistyped or something.

pjweimer
04-07-2015, 02:19 AM
Found it. Initially searched for TPMS. This time I searched FOBO and got it.

MarkLawson
04-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Great information! Looks like you and Phil have both named your Spyders 'Darth'...

pitzerwm
04-07-2015, 01:16 PM
Another question Pioneer Bob:o) Say you have the three sensors for the bike and they are set up and work fine. You are towing the bike in a trailer. Could you take the front 2 sensors from the bike and put them on your trailer(2 wheels) I assume that they reset to the different pressure in the trailer tires and then you are good to go.

Other than being cheap, do you think that this will work?

I just got confirmation from FOBO support, which BTW is great. You can buy the FOBO bike set plus one for the rear wheel install on the Spyder and all is as previously stated. When you are towing the bike on a trailer, you take the 2 off the front tires and put them on the trailer tires. You do not need to disable them when transferring them. You will need to reset the new pressure desired.

Magdave
04-07-2015, 03:03 PM
I just got confirmation from FOBO support, which BTW is great. You can buy the FOBO bike set plus one for the rear wheel install on the Spyder and all is as previously stated. When you are towing the bike on a trailer, you take the 2 off the front tires and put them on the trailer tires. You do not need to disable them when transferring them. You will need to reset the new pressure desired.

No need to buy an extra sensor just buy the right kit here ya go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181694937904?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

finless
04-07-2015, 04:49 PM

OK so understand though. While you do not need to do the process I said step by step let me clarify what happens.

If you go into the APP and change the tire pressure and click "done", the FOBO APP tells you to unscrew the sensor and wait 8 seconds. Then it tells you to screw it back on. What it is doing is basically the same thing, e.g it is unbinding and rebinding the sensor.. When you unscrew a sensor for more than 8 seconds it basically turns it off. The sensors turns itself on when you screw it on and it senses pressure. So again same thing.

So it is not just as simple as you say although this process the APP takes you through to change the pressure settings is quite easy.

So just to clarify. I did in fact test this and that is what you do.

Bob

finless
04-07-2015, 04:51 PM
No need to buy an extra sensor just buy the right kit here ya go

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181694937904?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Same thing. fobobikesales. That his Ebay page. So either way works.
Difference with the ebay ad is when you checkout be sure to send a note in the "notes" box what color you want.

If you do it from his website, then your order FOBO bike and order 1 extra sensor. works out the same price.

Bob

tigerdr
04-10-2015, 12:55 PM
Fobo TPMS are now installed on my Spyder. Total install time is 20 minutes including air ajustement prior the installation of the TPMS. It's very easy to install when following the instruction of Bob (Finless). I also made one test with the apps by reducing air pressure of the front right tire and I heard the alarm in my helmet equiped with SENA SMH10. This is my results:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=105145&stc=1

finless
04-12-2015, 11:52 AM
A couple days ago the iPhone FOBO app was updated. It added a 2 wheel trailer and a 4 wheel trailer. I expect another update soon for the air shock bag.

Android I cannot speak to as to its update as I don't have a android device on 4.4 yet.

Bob

pitzerwm
04-18-2015, 04:08 AM
If you have been playing with your FOBO system, you will see that you can mail yourself a log. Right now the log is nondescript because they were just using it for trouble shooting. Here is what I figured out. It's an Excel spreadsheet, so if you have Office or a MS reader, you can check this out.

This is the link: You tell it to open the file with Excel, or you can save it too if you want.

http://williampitzer.com/FOBO.xlsx

jwulf74
04-18-2015, 08:03 AM
So if they are adding the trailers, does the app allow for multiple "vehicles"? Like 1 screen for the spyder, swipe for the trailer, swipe for car/truck?

finless
04-18-2015, 10:35 AM
So if they are adding the trailers, does the app allow for multiple "vehicles"? Like 1 screen for the spyder, swipe for the trailer, swipe for car/truck?

Yes it does.

Bob

finless
05-07-2015, 11:24 AM
FYI, The FOBO APP for the iPhone was updated yesterday and now includes the Spyder RT and 4th sensor for the rear shock air bag :yes:

They used a black Spyder RT for the image in the APP (to look like mine) since I worked with them on adding the 4th sensor :)

Thanks to the SpyderLover Markyodo that came up with the idea!

Bob

sduskin
05-07-2015, 12:18 PM
I can get 1 set of 4 sensors and install with my phone on my spyder. Take readings and inflate/deflate as necessary. Then I can remove the sensors from my spyder and wait at least 8 seconds. Remount them on my wife's spyder in the same spots they were on mine and take the readings for her spyder.

Should work, right?

Because after Spyderfest, my farkle range is VERY small! :)

finless
05-07-2015, 03:24 PM
I can get 1 set of 4 sensors and install with my phone on my spyder. Take readings and inflate/deflate as necessary. Then I can remove the sensors from my spyder and wait at least 8 seconds. Remount them on my wife's spyder in the same spots they were on mine and take the readings for her spyder.

Should work, right?

Because after Spyderfest, my farkle range is VERY small! :)

Yep!

Bob

Phil
05-08-2015, 10:49 PM
REALLY great find Bob!!
Does the app allow setting alerts based on pressure/temp levels? And I mean iOS alerts that come across even on lock screens?

finless
05-08-2015, 10:54 PM
REALLY great find Bob!!
Does the app allow setting alerts based on pressure/temp levels? And I mean iOS alerts that come across even on lock screens?

Yes it does depending on how high or low you have things set.

Here is the notification levels:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107179&d=1431143957

Bob

Magdave
05-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Hey Bob did you find out if the sensor will fit under an Ultimate seat without getting smashed yet?

OverHillAndDale
06-23-2015, 07:47 AM
I'd like to be able to monitor 3 and/or 5 tires for when I do and don't pull my trailer.

Also, can I synch my iPhone bluetooth to both my Garmin GPS AND the Fobo unit?

finless
06-23-2015, 08:50 AM
I'd like to be able to monitor 3 and/or 5 tires for when I do and don't pull my trailer.

Also, can I synch my iPhone bluetooth to both my Garmin GPS AND the Fobo unit?

Yes, the FOBO unit uses an APP to communicate over Bluetooth. So to your phone it is a different device type than your GPS. So no issues.

Bob

jcspyder
08-08-2015, 09:44 PM
I know I'm coming in late on this, but have you seen any vibration or out-of-balance issues on the tires with these mounted? Any rubber valve stem damage?

Thanks for all your research on this.

- Jeff

pitzerwm
08-09-2015, 01:27 AM
I know I'm coming in late on this, but have you seen any vibration or out-of-balance issues on the tires with these mounted? Any rubber valve stem damage?

Thanks for all your research on this.

- Jeff

NO, no problems with them, love them on the bike, my trailer and my van.

jcspyder
08-10-2015, 01:30 PM
NO, no problems with them, love them on the bike, my trailer and my van.

Thanks for the clarification. Sounds like they're worth having.

finless
08-12-2015, 03:44 PM
4,000 miles later for me and no issue at all. System works like a champ.

I was one of the first to put this system on a Spyder and have to say it's a knee saver if anything for having to get down on your knees, remove valve stem caps, and check pressure!

I would not hesitate putting this system on another Spyder.

Bob

Pampurrs
08-12-2015, 04:11 PM
4,000 miles later for me and no issue at all. System works like a champ.

I was one of the first to put this system on a Spyder and have to say it's a knee saver if anything for having to get down on your knees, remove valve stem caps, and check pressure!

I would not hesitate putting this system on another Spyder.

Bob

Thanks. I'm looking into it. As long as you say it's reliable and accurate. Maintaining proper tire pressure is a huge stickler for me.

Pam

thereverend
11-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Spec say battery lasts up to 2 years.

Battery replacement is easy.

http://youtu.be/hjshOt_ZW-Q

Bob
My batteries are 6 months old and needs replacement, I replaced and in 3 weeks they are showing weakness, I am wondering where I can get better batteries, these came from Amazon.com

finless
11-06-2015, 04:07 PM
My batteries are 6 months old and needs replacement, I replaced and in 3 weeks they are showing weakness, I am wondering where I can get better batteries, these came from Amazon.com

With the latest software APP update that fixed the battery condition meters, mine are showing 1/2 way. They are a little over 6 months old.

As for batteries, it's real hit and miss lately with these watch batteries. Not sure why... Possibly cheap China junk?????

Maybe try a name brand like Ever ready or something? Make sure shelf date is very recent.

I am also going to investigate rechargeable versions.... Stay tuned.

Bob

finless
11-06-2015, 04:10 PM
A simple google search came up with CR 2032 rechargeable batteries and a charger.

I am going for this next!

http://www.batterymart.com/p-lir2032-lithium-ion-cr2032-coin-cell-battery.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=LIR2032&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=CjwKEAiAvPGxBRCH3YCgpdbCtmYSJABqHRVwPTT4rfkD RPjSszu1LAyxc3dX_CojptDgyJt4sCUPiBoCqmLw_wcB

BOb

OverHillAndDale
11-06-2015, 04:19 PM
I'm having a similar result with battery life. Mine are less than 6 months old and all 3 just slipped below the 4-bar level to the 2 and 3 bar level. My previous TPMS (Big Bike Parts) used batteries at a much slower rate, but I believe that they only broadcast when tire pressure changed. The Bluetooth method seems to broadcast much more often, and a new set of 3 batteries every 6 months or so isn't bad.

I agree with and will add to the other tips for extending battery life for this little batteries:

buy name brand batteries,
buy the freshest ones you can find,
don't handle the batteries with your bare fingers - use a tissue or gloves as oil from your fingers will reduce their life.

Incidentally, I bought a second set of two sensors for my motorcycle trailer. Don't want to have to worry about any of my tires at highway speeds.

finless
11-06-2015, 05:02 PM
I asked the FOBO engineers if we can use the LIR 2032 rechargeable batteries. It appears they wont work in all applications based on what I have read.

Awaiting an answer but if they work I am going to use those and just recharge every 6 months.

Bob

thereverend
11-06-2015, 10:58 PM
I asked the FOBO engineers if we can use the LIR 2032 rechargeable batteries. It appears they wont work in all applications based on what I have read.

Awaiting an answer but if they work I am going to use those and just recharge every 6 months.

Bob
I already ordered the rechargeable so I'll see

finless
11-07-2015, 01:42 PM
I already ordered the rechargeable so I'll see

Where did you order them and I assume you got a charger?

A cheap price I found is from China via Ebay.... Locally the price seems to be triple that of ebay :(

Bob

pitzerwm
11-07-2015, 10:18 PM
I too have been thru batteries in 6 months or less. I have them on my van as well as the bike. Hopefully the rechargeable ones will work, but I suppose you would need to look out for cheap China ones of those too. All of HF's batteries are junk.

You are right they broadcast every couple of seconds.

finless
11-08-2015, 11:09 AM
With the new APP version (for Apple at least) there is now a last time and date on each sensor that shows you the last time the sensor was read by the APP. If you watch it, the sensors update every minute. This leads me to believe they transmit once every minute.

I tell you the history of these "watch batteries" has always been way off. I call them watch batteries because that was the first thing I think button style Lion batteries were used (except on PC motherboards). Anyway if you recall when watches first came out using these they advertised 5 year life! Of course none of us got that amount of life. Then they said 2 years. We still did not get that. Heck some watches you maybe got 1 year.
So anytime I have bought a device using these and it says 2 years or something, forget it. You always get half that and sometimes worse.

Right now after a little over six months, 2 sensors have 2 green bars for battery and 1 sensor has 1 red bar. The 4th sensor on my rear shock air bag is a later add-on so it is showing 3 green bars after about 3 months.

Bob

thereverend
11-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Where did you order them and I assume you got a charger?

A cheap price I found is from China via Ebay.... Locally the price seems to be triple that of ebay :(

Bob
Place, batterymart.com

RickInGA
02-12-2016, 08:54 AM
So check this out! Super cool...

I have a dedicated iPod in my trunk. I used FOBO share and shared it with another account I made on my iPod touch in my trunk.
Now I don't need my phone if I do not want to it's all setup on my iPod in the trunk!

So get this! If music is playing from the iPod and I get a tire sensor warning, in interrupts the music and plays the warning siren through the Spyder's speakers! FREAKIN COOL!

Then top this off. I bound my Sena headset to the iPod in the trunk as a media player (not a phone). Same thing! It sends a warning to my headsets interrupting music!

I am liking this setup more and more! :)

Bob

It appears in your video that you've upgraded your trunk ipod from the cracked screen generation 4 to a newer lightning connector model. So, is it safe to assume that you've given up ipod control for FOBO'S bluetooth requirements? Did you find a way to do both?

pegasus1300
03-04-2016, 02:15 PM
I just ordered a set of these for Charlotte. In skimming thru this thread I did not notice if any of you changed to metal valve stems or if our stock stems work just fine.What is the experience so far.

jcspyder
03-04-2016, 02:28 PM
I just ordered a set of these for Charlotte. In skimming thru this thread I did not notice if any of you changed to metal valve stems or if our stock stems work just fine.What is the experience so far.

I stayed with the stock rubber stems based on previous advice from others on SL and they have worked fine. The FOBO devices are very light, and they are big enough that if there were enough centrifugal forces to bend the rubber stem, they would hit the wheel rim before the rubber stems bent far enough to get damaged...maybe (I'm no centrifugal force expert).

I've had them on for about 4000 miles with no rubber valve issues.

CoolSpyder2014
03-21-2016, 08:07 AM
Do only the RT's have the airbag? Or do the ST's / RS's as well?

Bob

As far as I know, and I applogize for the late answer. Only the Rt's come with the option. But if you check out Air Wave Suspensions, they have an aftermarket add-on. Pricey$$

HayRog
07-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Bob,
Bringing this thread back to life to ask if there are still no problems with the rubber valve stems and FOBO, now you have even more miles under your belt.

Thanks.

edit --Just PM'd you

Killer Bee
07-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Does anybody know if there is a way to disable the high/low pressure alarms on just the air shock sensor? It appears that the normal shock operating pressure range is too great for the maximum/minimum pressure alarm setpoint range. I really only want the current pressure display for the shock anyway, as it's really just for information purposes. I do, of course, want to retain the tire pressure alarms.

HayRog
07-24-2016, 01:18 PM
Just installed the FOBO system today -- NICE !!

Easy install and liking it.

Thanks to Finless for the video and advice :D

Now I'll worry if the front tires are different from each other by 0.4 psi -- LOL