PDA

View Full Version : sound of the 1330

eagle
04-04-2015, 06:56 PM
I have a 2014 RT. The engine in this has a ping ping ping sound to it till you get higher rpms. I test drove an F3, what a total different much better sound. It is very deep throaty nice sound. How can the same engine sound so different? Would much prefer the RT sound like the F3. Any ideas?

OJ UK
04-04-2015, 07:04 PM
Perhaps the ECU is set up differently and being a different chassis the exhaust system is going
to have differences also. IMHO

BikerDoc
04-04-2015, 07:11 PM
Different exhaust system - different sound - I like my stock F3S but it doesn't sound as good as my cat delete/akrapovic exhaust RTL

Ronbo
04-05-2015, 12:51 AM
I have a 2014 RT. The engine in this has a ping ping ping sound to it till you get higher rpms. I test drove an F3, what a total different much better sound. It is very deep throaty nice sound. How can the same engine sound so different? Would much prefer the RT sound like the F3. Any ideas?

I had a 2014 RT LTD, and felt the same way about the sound, bought an Akropovic from BRP at last years SPYDERFEST. I was very pleased with the sound. After trying both eu, I lef the baffles out,

Ron

Chupaca
04-05-2015, 01:15 AM
For one you have the exhaust, then there is the enclosed engine compartment as compared to the open frame and possibly some modified setting. Gas tank location among a few I can think of. A change with cat delete and or pipe can fix that on your RT...:thumbup:

Bob Denman
04-05-2015, 07:39 AM
I wonder if they F-3 muffler can be adapted to the RT? :dontknow:
Doc,
Have you ever taken a look at this?