PDA

View Full Version : Can Am Spyder RT 1330 Oil Change Video

Purple Guy
04-04-2015, 05:36 PM
Did a oil change on my Spyder yesterday and thought I’d record a little video.
It’s my first time behind the camera so be gentle… :roflblack:

Had a couple people ask if the oil change could be done without removing the lower panel and the answer is a resounding Yes!
It does make it easier to remove the top screw & push pin from the lower panel the get the acoustic panel off though. (see attached photo)
So in short, all that needs to be removed is the right mirror, lateral side panel, top panel & acoustic panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaU55hQxf1s

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=104870&stc=1

YIRYDE
04-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Great Job on your first video.:thumbup:

finless
04-04-2015, 07:17 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

can-am sam
04-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Very good job on the video!:yes:

cognaccruiser
04-05-2015, 10:02 AM
Thank you. Well done and very helpful.

Gary

BajaRon
05-01-2015, 04:25 PM
Great Video! I'll be sending my 2014/15 oil change customers there.

Just a suggestion the oil. You might try Amsoil or another 10w-40 full synthetic. The full synthetic BRP oil is really targeted towards their Snowmobiles. Snowmobiles get parked outside overnight in sub zero (F) temperatures and really need a very thin oil to circulate in those conditions. So the BRP full synthetic is thinner than needed for the Spyder.

Amsoil will give you the upgraded protection and most notice a quieter engine/transmission than with the BRP blended.

Purple Guy
05-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Great Video! I'll be sending my 2014/15 oil change customers there.

Just a suggestion the oil. You might try Amsoil or another 10w-40 full synthetic. The full synthetic BRP oil is really targeted towards their Snowmobiles. Snowmobiles get parked outside overnight in sub zero (F) temperatures and really need a very thin oil to circulate in those conditions. So the BRP full synthetic is thinner than needed for the Spyder.

Amsoil will give you the upgraded protection and most notice a quieter engine/transmission than with the BRP blended.

Thanks Ron!

Unfortunately I don't think that they sell Amsoil in Canada.
The Amsoil 10w-40 full synthetic, would that be the Motorcycle oil?

hillrider
05-01-2015, 07:12 PM
If you look very closely, you may find that the transmission drain plug is a Allen head, not a Torx. Using the wrong wrench will allow you to replace the plug. Ask me how I know.

bodymanpainter
05-01-2015, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the video, as I will be doing the 12,000 mile oil change tomorrow on my 2014
RTS.
Thanks,
Toby

Purple Guy
05-01-2015, 09:36 PM
If you look very closely, you may find that the transmission drain plug is a Allen head, not a Torx. Using the wrong wrench will allow you to replace the plug. Ask me how I know.

Hate to correct you but it is a T40.

BajaRon
05-01-2015, 10:43 PM
Thanks Ron!

I sell Amsoil to Canada all the time. It ships from the Amsoil warehouse in Canada so there are no issues with import. Not pushing Amsoil on you. But I really think you would find it works better than any of the BRP offerings. If you give me an address I can quote you a price. It would be interesting to know how it compares now that you have tried both BRP products.

I know you've got fresh oil in now so it will be awhile before you need oil again. Just thought you might consider it.

I also sell the oil filter and seal kit for $12.95 delivered to US addresses. I would be $1.25 more with the added shipping to Canada.

nhoj
05-03-2015, 08:21 AM
I sell Amsoil to Canada all the time. It ships from the Amsoil warehouse in Canada so there are no issues with import. .....

Amsoil has 2 distribution centres in Canada. One in Toronto (Mississauga) and the other right where you are Purple Guy, Edmonton.
Edmonton, AB
14328-121A Ave
Edmonton, AB T5L 2T2

vrider
05-03-2015, 08:51 AM
Very good video.

Thanks for making it.

Marker
05-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Thanks Ron!

Yes, Amsoil is sold in Canada. Just google Amsoil dealers for Canada. Where I live Royal Distributing is a full Amsoil dealer

Chupaca
05-03-2015, 10:21 AM
very nice video. Thanks for posting great help to those moving into doing their own work...:2thumbs:

Purple Guy
05-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Amsoil has 2 distribution centres in Canada. One in Toronto (Mississauga) and the other right where you are Purple Guy, Edmonton.
Edmonton, AB
14328-121A Ave
Edmonton, AB T5L 2T2

Cool, that's 2 blocks from where I work! :thumbup: