PDA

View Full Version : New T-5 Spyder Ryder!

boombostick
04-04-2015, 12:35 PM
Hello everyone!! I've been researching the internet and creepin spyderlovers for a few months now. I was reading through the 4sale section last week and finally found my deal! I saw a 2012 RS with 680 miles, white, ISCI handbrake, riser, and extra seat for only $13,000!! So I pulled the trigger yesterday and drove round trip for about 14 hours with my brother in-law and trailered it home. I just ordered my web boards and ordered a smoothspyder backrest that I can use while I am by myself and my wife can use it when she rides with me. I haven't decided on the setup for my wheelchair yet though. I like the way the chair and bike looks much better when it is stored on the actual back of the bike. However, I think that with my wife being a semi-regular passenger, I am going to have my father in law make a "folding chair hanger" for lack of better terms on the off-muffler side and just use my spare folding chair as my new ryding chair. I have alot of other custom things in store for the future, but for now I am simply getting the standard comfort and safety items i need to enjoy the new ryde. I just basically wanted to poke my head in and introduce myself and to ask fellow chair ryders if there is anything they wish they could have or wish they would have done different. I want to do my best to get it right the first time!! Heading out now to take some backroads back and forth between a huge church parking lot where I can get used to my entirely new way of ryding with the wind in my hair. This forum has and is a great help in getting me ready for my spyder, but now its time for my spyder and I to get to know each other. Happy ryding everyone!!

ursamajor35126
04-04-2015, 12:57 PM
:congrats::clap::yes::cheers:

Chupaca
04-04-2015, 01:49 PM
Thanks for joining in and congrats on your new ryde. :2thumbs: Looks like a well thought out plan and wish you the best getting it all set up so you can both get out there...:ohyea::ohyea:

Cruzr Joe
04-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Welcome to the "More Smiles Per Mile" club

Cruzr Joe

jerpinoy
04-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Big smiles with good deals is priceless .:congrats:

ARtraveler
04-04-2015, 03:33 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on the new ride. :ani29:

Purple Guy
04-04-2015, 03:35 PM
:congrats: & :welcome:

:nopic:

boombostick
04-04-2015, 06:34 PM
Not sure how to post a pic from my phone or I would purp. It's the base white rs model. Nothing cosmetic added yet

one2doo
04-04-2015, 06:36 PM
:congrats::yes:

IGETAROUND
04-04-2015, 07:25 PM
Welcome and may you and your wife's enjoyment be life long:yes::clap::congrats:

Deanna777
04-04-2015, 08:22 PM
:welcome:and :congrats: with your new ride! Deanna

dlby
04-04-2015, 08:31 PM
Welcome to
the fold
er huddle
er ah
Sometimes its even a pack with Alpha Males & everything

I know i know welcome to the Zoo
Seriously its great to have you aboard

I hear they sell snickers in back room

gman214
04-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Congrats!! Welcome aboard!

pwpalmbay
04-21-2015, 06:24 PM
Check out my rack we put on last year. Works great.

boombostick
04-21-2015, 07:18 PM
Im wanting a setup pretty much like that. I found a company called TRI R Fabrications that makes a setup similiar to that. Also considering making my own "hangers" that I could simply attach the chair to from the side then fol dout of the way when not needed. Like to pegs coming off the left back side about a foot and a half long and curved at the end. Didi you make that yourself? Also, is there anyway I could get some close up pictures of it to add to my idea bank of what I might make? Thanks in advance for any help

mclaw44
04-21-2015, 08:26 PM
:congrats::welcome:

Cruising RT
04-21-2015, 08:39 PM
WELCOME! Always great to have another :ani29: lover. Congrats!

pwpalmbay
04-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Im wanting a setup pretty much like that. I found a company called TRI R Fabrications that makes a setup similiar to that. Also considering making my own "hangers" that I could simply attach the chair to from the side then fol dout of the way when not needed. Like to pegs coming off the left back side about a foot and a half long and curved at the end. Didi you make that yourself? Also, is there anyway I could get some close up pictures of it to add to my idea bank of what I might make? Thanks in advance for any help

Check out my profile, there are pics there. If you need more info, let me know.

I worked with a Mechinist to build it...no plans just designed as we went.

boombostick
04-22-2015, 10:10 AM
I finally figured out how to get to your album. Forum newbie :D That looks great. I am going to incorporate alot of your ideas into what I am going to do. Awesome setup my friend!! Enjoy and ryde safely!

Bfromla
04-23-2015, 03:10 AM
Don't forget spare roll of duct tape:banghead::2thumbs:

pwpalmbay
04-23-2015, 12:51 PM
I finally figured out how to get to your album. Forum newbie :D That looks great. I am going to incorporate alot of your ideas into what I am going to do. Awesome setup my friend!! Enjoy and ryde safely!

thanks. Some set ups are connected to the swing arm. Mine isn't. I didn't want the rack and chair swinging up and down. It is connected to the driver's peg area and is cantilevered back. Also, check out the "key" that is around the back of the swing arm. It is a nylon piece that allows the swing arm to move up and down while it keeps the rack from moving left and right.

Marker
04-23-2015, 12:57 PM
:congrats: and welcome.
This forum is awesome everyone is so much help. Enjoy your new ride.:thumbup:

mwatters
03-22-2021, 05:12 PM
I gor it right after two years experimenting. Im a para and love my setup..I can send you pictures by text or email if you would like to see it.
Martin@646 302 0984

Peter Aawen
03-22-2021, 08:39 PM
:oldpost: The OP in this thread hasn't been around for about 4-5 years, most of the others (besides the stalwarts Bfromla & Cruising RT) not for at least a couple of years, so maybe you won't get too much in the way of responses.... :sour:

So mwatters, it might be worth starting your own thread in this 'Enabled SpyderRyders' section (just click on 'Enabled SpyderRyders in this thread's header to go to the index page & then click on the RED 'Start New Thread' that'll be visible fairly high in the left of the screen. ;) ) and maybe even add your pics to one of your posts in that - scroll down past the text entry field until you get to 'Manage Attachments'; click on that; choose a file; select where you want to load the first pic from; choose pic; upload pic; repeat 5 times if you want (more than 6-ish pics can make it hard if not impossible for some viewers to open your thread/posts!); then submit the new post to make it display! The pics will show as thumbnails, but that's a good thing for some of those working on small screen devices - they actually get to see them!! :ohyea:

ShockwaveSpyder
03-23-2021, 12:51 AM
welcome in the club ;)
just received my F3-S from the locksmith, who built the holder for my wheelchair. Requirements been a holder for the seatcushion and stable enough for a fast ride on the german highway. I will test the using now and than it will go to the powdercoated. When you have questions for more details, just ask ;)

gkamer
03-24-2021, 05:27 PM
I can't answer your questions, but welcome to the forum. Lots of great and knowledgeable folks hang out here.

Saluda
04-06-2021, 05:53 AM
Welcome and congrats.

AVBIZ
04-06-2021, 06:18 AM
Congrats !