PDA

View Full Version : REVERSE

lenlis
04-03-2015, 01:23 PM
Bought 2015 rt limited, had 2013 lt limited. i did not have the issue below.

question is- why is it so difficult to get 2015 into reverse from neutral.
tried the foot on brake , then pull in, then press "R", and other combos---just doesn't want to cooperate..

Anyone got an idea.. dealer said it's now a 2 hand operation-- even when i do that it takes forever to get into "R".

so looking for REAL answer..

Thanks in advance

ARtraveler
04-03-2015, 01:28 PM

tried the foot on brake , then pull in, then press "R", and other combos---just doesn't want to cooperate..

Anyone got an idea.. dealer said it's now a 2 hand operation-- even when i do that it takes forever to get into "R".

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you have a manual clutch? (pull in?) For me, when I had the manual in 2008, the clutch had to be engaged and I used the other hand to activate and hold the R button while activating the foot lever. It seemed to work pretty fast. If you just touch the button and release, I don't think that would work well.

Big F
04-03-2015, 01:44 PM

Thanks in advance

Do you have the SE (semi-automatic)??? If so the shifting into reverse is just the opposite from older models. I learned the hard way as I traded by 2012 RT Limited in for a 2014 RT Limited and couldn't get the new one into reverse?? I even trailered the new one to the dealer and said it wouldn't go in to reverse??? I felt really stupid when the sales lady (a blonde?) showed me you have to push the R button and then the paddle. My 2012 was just the opposite. Hope this helps.
BIG F

JayBros
04-03-2015, 01:49 PM
Foot on the brake, push down on the Reverse button, press the downshift (-) lever toward you. See somewhere around pg. 55 in basic operating procedures of your operator's guide.

StanProff
04-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Foot on the brake, push down on the Reverse button, press the downshift (-) lever toward you. See somewhere around pg. 55 in basic operating procedures of your operator's guide.

Yep! that is the procedure. Never had a problem engaging on mine.

BikerDoc
04-03-2015, 02:05 PM
You might consider it as an individual bike issue. I am having no trouble with my 2015 shifting into reverse

ottawa-rider
04-03-2015, 02:45 PM
I quickly found out you have to press squarely on the "R" button.

Initially, I was often pressing only on the edge and it was not enough to make contact to enable reverse.

ROBSTOY
04-03-2015, 06:37 PM
I've experienced the same on my new 2014-RTS semi- auto. I found I wasn't following the correct order ( as mentioned above) and I don't think I was pressing squarely on the reverse button. No problem now!!

kurvinroach
04-04-2015, 04:59 AM
Just bought a 2015 rt limited when shifting in to reverse it seems to go in gear hard , is that a norm for them ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rays hell
04-04-2015, 07:40 AM
My 13 RTs I have to push down firmly on the R button count one and then press the paddle shifter.
Anything less you'll have to start over.:opps:

Bob Denman
04-04-2015, 08:47 AM
Think of the Reverse button, as the release for the lock-out, that prevents you from finding reverse unintentionally... :shocked:

Push down on it nice and square, and THEN hit the paddle! :thumbup:

lenlis
04-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Thanks to All for the comments ..

Especially the leatherneck cannon cocker..

Hate to admit he was right--read the DA-N manual.

All is great..

Thanks