PDA

View Full Version : Water/crud inside instrument Cluster

WEB-WVR
04-03-2015, 02:21 AM
I just got (today) a new 2014 Soyder ST Limited. When I got home I noticed that on the inside of the clear face to the instrument cluster there is dried moisture streaks...almost looks sticky/oily too. I would think this should be water tight but it appears some fluid has got in there. Does it need to be replaced or is there an easy way to remove it, open it up and clean the inside ? :dontknow:

I also had some standing water in the bottom of the front trunk area. Normal ? They did wash it (crappy job :mad:) prior to delivery. I asked the salesman if the bike had sat out side all Winter...he denied it and said it was only outside for 5 days to make room for incoming stock. They got this unit last August.....I have a feeling it sat outside all Winter.

Love the Spyder...wish being new it did not have that dash issue. I look forward to learning a lot here on this forumn.

Thanks for any advice !!! :bowdown:

SpyRyd
04-03-2015, 04:23 AM
I just got (today) a new 2014 Soyder ST Limited. When I got home I noticed that on the inside of the clear face to the instrument cluster there is dried moisture streaks...almost looks sticky/oily too. I would think this should be water tight but it appears some fluid has got in there. Does it need to be replaced or is there an easy way to remove it, open it up and clean the inside ? :dontknow:

I also had some standing water in the bottom of the front trunk area. Normal ? They did wash it (crappy job :mad:) prior to delivery. I asked the salesman if the bike had sat out side all Winter...he denied it and said it was only outside for 5 days to make room for incoming stock. They got this unit last August.....I have a feeling it sat outside all Winter.

Love the Spyder...wish being new it did not have that dash issue. I look forward to learning a lot here on this forumn.

Thanks for any advice !!! :bowdown:

I had the same problem with the glass over the gas guage and instrument cluster...dealer replaced the gas guage and the cluster glass under warranty.

Check the rubber seal around the lip of the front trunk to ensure it is fully seated all around...might be the cause of the water.

OJ UK
04-03-2015, 06:05 AM
Most likely it's condensation. I've had it a few times on other machines.

Aside from disassembly there's no way to remove the marks but careful
use of a hair dryer can evaporate any remaining moisture. HTH

stormtrooper
04-03-2015, 08:01 AM
I have a very small oily looking streak in my instrument cluster also.I was told its a spray that they use to keep the inside cluster free from condensation.I guess if its true when they spray it on it should have no streaks/runs like paint.

Magdave
04-03-2015, 08:34 AM
This has been a random recurring problem for years. It is not condensation but it is covered under warranty. the lens needs to be replaced. Mine was the same way upon delivery.

WEB-WVR
04-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the advice. I will get them to replace it under warranty.

I look forward to learning a lot here...thanks again ! :bowdown:

OJ UK
04-03-2015, 04:02 PM
This has been a random recurring problem for years. It is not condensation but it is covered under warranty. the lens needs to be replaced. Mine was the same way upon delivery.

I stand corrected....Thank you for that information.;)