PDA

View Full Version : IPOD

Grandpa Pete
04-02-2015, 08:47 PM
Howdy to all out in :ani29:land. I have a request that I hope can be fulfilled without going to BRP:hun:... Is there anybody that does not use/need the IPOD integration cable on there :spyder2:? My cable is kaputt:(:(:(. I tool all my cables to the Apple store (incl my IPOD), and they checked the Apple stuff and it worked fine, so it's the BRP cable. A nominal fee can be paid if necessary......I look 4ward to hearing from youz folks..
ps...it's not that I'm cheap:2thumbs:. I'm married:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Grandpa Pete

AKA Peter Pontinen

BLUEKNIGHT911
04-02-2015, 11:04 PM
Just a thought ....E-bay has every type of cable I've ever seen or heard of ......I doubt if BRP had a specially designed cable just for the Spyder I-Pod -MP-3 connection ,I would look there if you don't have luck here :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:.....Mike

Bob Denman
04-03-2015, 06:50 AM
This may sound pretty stupid... :opps: Please forgive me...

Are you referring to the actual I-Pod integration cable, or the MP-3 cable?
If it's the one for MP-3s; I've got a spare that you can have...

Grandpa Pete
04-03-2015, 12:46 PM
Thanx for all the response, It's the cable that connects from the ipod cable and plugs into the round plug-in in the trunk of the RT, hope this explains it a little better. The MP3 cable has the 3.5mm plug at the opposite end that goes in the bike, the ipod is a flat connector (probably 10 pin) that also has at the other end the round plug for the bike

Bob Denman
04-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the clarification. :thumbup:
I'm one of those who interchange the terms "IPod", and "MP3". :opps:

billybovine
04-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Did you damage it or was it defective? If it has never worked maybe get it replace under warranty.

robmorg
04-04-2015, 05:13 AM
I'm one of those who interchange the terms "IPod", and "MP3". :opps:You best not do that ...lest you should be haunted by the ghost of Steven Jobs. :yikes:

vided
04-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the clarification. :thumbup:
I'm one of those who interchange the terms "IPod", and "MP3". :opps:

i do that with walkman, iPod mp3:banghead:

Bob Denman
04-04-2015, 07:57 AM
You best not do that ...lest you should be haunted by the ghost of Steven Jobs. :yikes:

:D I ain't skeered... :roflblack:

Grandpa Pete
04-05-2015, 02:56 PM
I thank all in spyderland who/whom replied to my endeavor. I have received a generous offer from one of the Caswell Ryders whom I ride with here in beautiful Minnesota. Thanx Chuck:2thumbs::2thumbs:..Thanx again for your quick responses:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: VIVE Le SPYDER:yes::yes::yes:

ThreeWheels
04-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Pete,
Just be sure you have the correct cable.
The IPOD cable comes in two flavors, and although the ends look the same, the middle isn't.
The early RT's (2010, 2011) had some kind of box in the middle of the cable. This is required for proper operation of the IPOD with those model year radios.
Later models have a cable without the box.