PDA

View Full Version : 2 up

SSG Bean
11-22-2008, 05:06 PM
My wife finally caved after hearing me go on and on about how much fun this thing is. We went this morning and bought her a helmet. The temp got close to 50 today, so I talked her into going for a ride. I'll have to say it was alot of fun for both of us. I think we may have to look into commo for the two of us to be able to communicate.... or maybe I should leave well enough alone.;) She has been around motorcycles for most of her life and told me she was a little nervous, because she doesn't feel very secure on the back of a bike, but after riding the spyder, she said she felt very comfortable and secure.:thumbup: Now she may actually go get her own license. That means I'll be riding on the back. I better not let my Soldiers see that.... their squad leader riding b**ch.:opps:

babyanlee
11-22-2008, 05:23 PM
My wife finally caved after hearing me go on and on about how much fun this thing is. We went this morning and bought her a helmet. The temp got close to 50 today, so I talked her into going for a ride. I'll have to say it was alot of fun for both of us. I think we may have to look into commo for the two of us to be able to communicate.... or maybe I should leave well enough alone.;) She has been around motorcycles for most of her life and told me she was a little nervous, because she doesn't feel very secure on the back of a bike, but after riding the spyder, she said she felt very comfortable and secure.:thumbup: Now she may actually go get her own license. That means I'll be riding on the back. I better not let my Soldiers see that.... their squad leader riding b**ch.:opps:
:congrats: I Hope you 2 get to ride often together on:spyder:. Hubby drives it to work every day so I get to ride on weekends. It was in the 40's this am. Had to ride:spyder:. Putting :spyder: in bike show tomorrow. Even if its cold out.:yes:

Greg H.
11-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Excellent! My wife loves riding on the back of the Spyder. :2thumbs: And, so far, we have some pretty nice runs up to about 300 mile days. The sportrack/back rest allows her to just sit back, and enjoy - especially when I roll the throttle. She digs that! :clap:

SSG Bean
11-23-2008, 11:12 AM
I've wondered how beneficial the backrest would be for her. We only rode about 50 miles yesterday, and she didn't have any problems. I asked her, specifically, if she thought she needed the backrest. She said she was very comfortable without it, so I guess we'll see as we increase the mileage. I want to make it as convenient for her as possible. Thanks for the info!

BRPjunkie
11-23-2008, 05:19 PM
I've wondered how beneficial the backrest would be for her. We only rode about 50 miles yesterday, and she didn't have any problems. I asked her, specifically, if she thought she needed the backrest. She said she was very comfortable without it, so I guess we'll see as we increase the mileage. I want to make it as convenient for her as possible. Thanks for the info!

Differenece with and without the backrest is huge. Ride without it seems fine until you ride with it once. My wife will not get on now until I reinstall it since I normally ride with just the sport rack. Just a 30 second job, but what a difference. Very expensive accessory, but try to tell your wife her comfort isn't worth at least $700. Especially necessary on longer rides and when the road isn't straight.

Greg H.
11-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Differenece with and without the backrest is huge. Ride without it seems fine until you ride with it once. My wife will not get on now until I reinstall it since I normally ride with just the sport rack. Just a 30 second job, but what a difference. Very expensive accessory, but try to tell your wife her comfort isn't worth at least $700. Especially necessary on longer rides and when the road isn't straight.

For sure! When I go to work, or riding alone, I put the sport rack in place, and leave the backrest on the shelf in my garage. My wife has only been on the Spyder with the backrest in place. It's a premium accessory; no question. And, unless you were to go to a Corbin or other manufacturer's seat w/their backrest, there isn't a better system for the Spyder. It's a quality piece. And, of course; it's adjustable.

Spyderman62
11-23-2008, 08:12 PM
I too have a wife who is comfortable without the backrest, but.....guess what is getting put on before we ride next year.