PDA

View Full Version : SENA help ?

Orange Spyder Man
04-02-2015, 08:15 AM
I have installed and paired a Sena S20 - SM10 - Garmin 660 & my phone... got it all working .. could hear music, GPS & use phone thru headsets... my phone contact numbers are shown on GPS screen.. oh .. did the dongle install also..

now to the problem... every time I stop... turn off the ignition, S20 & SM10... turn everything on again to ride.. my GPS shows a message that its disconnected I lose all my phone contacts on the GPS.. and I no longer get music or GPS prompts thru the headsets...so I have to pair everything again... this happens every time I go riding and stop.. getting to the point to where i don't think its worth the constant aggravation ...

anyone have any ideas what is wrong ?

thanks,
osm

finless
04-02-2015, 08:50 AM
I just got the S20's so learning. Did you install the APP on your phone to control the S20 headset?
Did you upgrade it to 1.3 software?
The APP shows a paring list of everything you have paired. Does it show up on the APP?

Bob

Orange Spyder Man
04-02-2015, 09:00 AM
I just got the S20's so learning. Did you install the APP on your phone to control the S20 headset?
The APP shows a paring list of everything you have paired. Does it show up on the APP?

Bob

Bob... no I did not... will attempt that next....

thanks,
osm

PaladinLV
04-02-2015, 09:05 AM
Here is how you should setup the system when using the dongle
Only 2 pairings are required.

1. Pair headset to dongle as primary
2. Set phone to headset as secondary.
Done.

When you switch the bike from AM/FM/Weather/iPod it should come through headset.
GPS if setup correctly should have been given instructions thru your speakers and now the headset.
Since the phone is connected to headset you can receive and make calls thru the headset.

AJ

I have installed and paired a Sena S20 - SM10 - Garmin 660 & my phone... got it all working .. could hear music, GPS & use phone thru headsets... my phone contact numbers are shown on GPS screen.. oh .. did the dongle install also..

now to the problem... every time I stop... turn off the ignition, S20 & SM10... turn everything on again to ride.. my GPS shows a message that its disconnected I lose all my phone contacts on the GPS.. and I no longer get music or GPS prompts thru the headsets...so I have to pair everything again... this happens every time I go riding and stop.. getting to the point to where i don't think its worth the constant aggravation ...

anyone have any ideas what is wrong ?

thanks,
osm

WA5VHU
04-02-2015, 09:37 AM
Anytime you install new software on the Sena be sure you do both the "Fault Reset" and the "Reset to Factory Settings". If you don't the units may not operate properly. When you do these resets you may lose your FM presets and previous parings.

ChicoFowler
04-02-2015, 09:40 AM

Bob

I am assuming you had the SMH10 prior to getting the S20. I'd be curious to know how the S20 compares to the SMH10 and if it's worth the extra bucks....thanks

Chico

bcoulter19
04-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Also make sure you have the headset oushed firmly down seated in thecradle on the helmet. I had this issue. It worked the first time and once I stopped it didn't work anymore. I must have had it just good enough to make contact and once I took my helmet off it jared it just enough to break connection. I Pushed it down firmly and everything started to work again and has been fine since.

Bill C.

PaladinLV
04-02-2015, 10:36 AM
+1

Also make sure you have the headset oushed firmly down seated in thecradle on the helmet. I had this issue. It worked the first time and once I stopped it didn't work anymore. I must have had it just good enough to make contact and once I took my helmet off it jared it just enough to break connection. I Pushed it down firmly and everything started to work again and has been fine since.

Bill C.

finless
04-02-2015, 11:44 AM
I am assuming you had the SMH10 prior to getting the S20. I'd be curious to know how the S20 compares to the SMH10 and if it's worth the extra bucks....thanks

Chico

My previous headsets where Sena SMH5-FM units. They worked fine for what we needed.
We now want some of the new features the 20's give.

So sorry cant really give a comparison to the SMH10.

Bob

Orange Spyder Man
04-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Bob... no I did not... will attempt that next....

thanks,
osm

Bob... question please.. I want to the Sena website... tried to update my S20... could only find the S10 update... what am I missing ?

tia

finless
04-02-2015, 01:16 PM
Bob... question please.. I want to the Sena website... tried to update my S20... could only find the S10 update... what am I missing ?

tia

You have to setup an account with Sena and register your device.
Easy way to start that is go to www.sena.com
Click on support at the top then software
Before it will let you download the Sena device manager, use the box on the right to register.
Download the device manager and install it. Follow the on screen instructions about when to power on the S20 and connect it.
The device manager will look at what software you have and if you need to update.

Let me know if you run into any snags and I will do what I can to help.

Bob

ursamajor35126
04-02-2015, 01:17 PM

tia

You have to have your 20S plugged into the usb port on your computer 1st. Then install the app or software.

finless
04-02-2015, 01:22 PM
You have to have your 20S plugged into the usb port on your computer 1st.

DO NOT DO THAT until you have downloaded and installed the Sena device manager!

If you do, you will get a driver install error which can screw you up after if your not PC savvy!

Please follow the video and instructions on the Sena site which you can only get to once you have registered!

Bob

Motorcycledave
04-02-2015, 01:52 PM
You guys are teaching me stuff I didn't know.... BoB your the man thanks to you all and keep
teaching this ole guy new tricks
Dave

bcoulter19
04-02-2015, 02:06 PM
My sena 20S had great instructions in the box on how to do this. I followed them exactly and it told me right were to go and what to do and how to do the update.

Bill C.